• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

I"m a little late to this, but I started Winning Time on HBO about the Lakers and oh man is that show just so damn.....watchable. I'm not crazy about the time it spends on the Magic /Cookie relationship but everything related to basketball and the business of the Lakers is so interesting to me. My one problem is that I keep pausing the show so I can look up the stats for players in the 79-80 season. I'm aware that the Jerry West character is probably way over the top and there is no way that Paul Westhead was that much of a wuss, but so much good stuff in there for basketball fans. Highly recommend.

Love “The Rehearsal” on HBOMax, but I really loved “Nathan for You.”

Pirate Gold of Adak Island was interesting, but not near as cool as we had hoped. My wife enjoyed DB Cooper: Where Are You? quite a bit, though I found it a little boring after the 1st episode.

Pirate Gold of Adak Island was interesting, but not near as cool as we had hoped. My wife enjoyed DB Cooper: Where Are You? quite a bit, though I found it a little boring after the 1st episode.

I’m never interested in those shows because I assume that any news or discoveries about those topics would have been made public before the show even aired. The last one I watched was about the death of Amelia Earheart and they never proved anything, just hypothesized that she probably crashed near the Marshall Islands, and her remains were probably eaten by coconut crabs.

Last edited:
I, somehow, didn't know the D.B. Cooper story at all, so that was interesting. And, not to give anything away, but they do discover things in Pirate Gold of Adak Island. In both documentaries, I wished they focused more on the history (they could have way more cool reenactment type scenes) than the searches.

The Bear was fantastic! I'm recommending it to everyone I know. The Old Man is good, but I don't really enjoy any scene with Jeff Bridges fighting as I just don't think it works all that well. Glad What We Do In the Shadows is back, but how did they not have Laszlo turn into a bat a single time in the first 2 eps??

Started watching Loot on AppleTV+, not sure how I feel about it so far as I don't love Maya Rudolph. Seems fairly middle of the road but we might continue.

I just watched the first episode. I don't know anything about this dude or his prior work, but this show is fantastic.

Watch Nathan for You, also on HBOMax.

On a different subject, I found this from Only Murders.

Loved the Bear. Really good show that I'm glad others are watching.

Super excited for WWDITS is back. Love that show.

Old Man is good so far, just wish we didn't have to wait for eps.

Just watched the Terminal List and it was enjoyable enough. Pretty dark but pretty good if you like military/special forces kind of stuff.

Currently watching Shorsey. Defs some funny parts, but so far it's no Letterkenny.

Also watched Outer Range recently and I really liked it. It's kinda weird with the supernatural stuff, but wife and I both liked it. Looking forward to S2.

The only thing I don't really like about The Old Man is how clunky a lot of the dialogue is. It's so serious and constantly reminds you of "how insanely complicated this whole situation is!" It's got so many monologues stressing how serious it is that it makes it difficult to take it seriously, if that makes sense. The acting all around is pretty top notch though.

Last edited:
The only thing I don't really like about The Old Man is how clunky a lot of the dialogue is. It's so serious and constantly reminds you of "how insanely complicated this whole situation is!" It's got so many monologues stressing how serious it is that it makes it difficult to take it seriously, if that makes sense. The acting all around is pretty top notch though.

Couldn't agree more.

Enjoy the show, but I find myself rolling my eyes at a lot of the dialogue.

I've been watching The Terminal List on Prime. Definitely more likely to appeal to dudes, with the male revenge fantasy plot, but I've enjoyed it. It is what it is.

Back