• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

And to be fair, I have no idea what they'll call the merged service. So you could be correct that HBO Max, in its current form, is going away. I'd just be surprised if they called it Discovery+ given that name has a lot less brand equity than HBO.

The entire streaming landscape is fascinating.

So many players... And companies like Amazon and Apple can just throw a ton of money at it without generating returns.

Enjoyed how Disney+ released Lightyear today... Two days before the former Pixar guy's release of Luck on Apple+.

how is it that Discovery is the one taking over WB?

WarnerMedia was spun out of AT&T and merged with Discovery a while back... Had to lever up to do it, which means WBD is under a ton of debt. WarnerMedia much bigger than Discovery, but the Discovery management team (CEO - Zaslav) is very well thought of (and the former WarnerMedia CEO, Kilar, was tossed aside).

Last edited:
seems like they're all screwing the pooch with giving all these free incentives to sign up when I'd just be a paying customer. Have had free HBO Max from like 3 different sources now.

Rich Greenfield retweeted the same rumor I tweeted.

And to be fair, I have no idea what they'll call the merged service. So you could be correct that HBO Max, in its current form, is going away. I'd just be surprised if they called it Discovery+ given that name has a lot less brand equity than HBO.

The entire streaming landscape is fascinating.

So many players... And companies like Amazon and Apple can just throw a ton of money at it without generating returns.

Enjoyed how Disney+ released Lightyear today... Two days before the former Pixar guy's release of Luck on Apple+.

Lightyear came out on June 17. 45 days from release to streaming is the industry standard now.

It definitely makes sense to keep the HBO Max name. But it doesn’t make sense to put Food Network and TLC unscripted shows on HBO Max. That’s why I think they’ll fold in HBO on Discovery+ and get rid of Max original content to keep down cost. Basically they’ll be getting out of the original streaming game and just providing a platform for content that has already aired. That would explain why they pulled down original films so they can air them on HBO then put them on streaming.

seems like they're all screwing the pooch with giving all these free incentives to sign up when I'd just be a paying customer. Have had free HBO Max from like 3 different sources now.

Well we get HBOMax for free as part of our ATT plan which idk how that’s still around since ATT sold them off. And we use Discovery+ that our friends get for free as part of their Verizon plan so something’s gotta give.

Somebody tell me I’ll still be able to login to an app to watch hbo shows plz

We just watched the four part series on HBO Max called Edge of the Earth and loved it. Those extreme adventurer folks are fascinating. If you liked Free Solo or the Alpinist then I highly recommend.

I wonder what happens with those of us who get HBO Max for free through AT&T wireless plans? I know they spun off Warner, but so far they haven't removed that feature from my wireless plan yet.

Woodstock '99 is just absurd. Hard to believe that happened during our lifetime (assuming you're > 22).

Back