• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommendation to Deacon Band - Oh Danny Boy

i haven't been to a game in ages, I think it was in 2011 or so. We were in the depths of unwiped @$$, there were about 4,000 people in the place max, zero energy, and we fully expected to lose. In that environment, the pre-game hype just seems forced and stupid. If I was Coach Manning, I would tell the players we're putting away the balloon dudes and the motorcycle until you guys prove you deserve it by working hard in practice, working hard in the offseason, and winning some meaningful games.

I like the motorcycle, especially for football. The tie dyes need to be changed.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Exactly. This is my take as well. Especially the huge tie dye underneath the jumbotron in the Joel. That thing is hideous. Almost as bad as the chainmen on Mag quad from back in the day.

The motorcycle for Football is bad ass and just as bad ass for basketball. I just don't think people remember how great it used to be in the Joel because we have sucked dick for four years straight.

Tie Dye doesn't bother me, I think it looks cool. I'm fine with retiring the motorcycle but I think its great that Coach K's weird tiny little mouth can't handle it and he coughs and is hurt by it.

i haven't been to a game in ages, I think it was in 2011 or so. We were in the depths of unwiped @$$, there were about 4,000 people in the place max, zero energy, and we fully expected to lose. In that environment, the pre-game hype just seems forced and stupid. If I was Coach Manning, I would tell the players we're putting away the balloon dudes and the motorcycle until you guys prove you deserve it by working hard in practice, working hard in the offseason, and winning some meaningful games.

TRUTH. Our basketball pre-game/intros have been embarrassing for the last four years. I'm not opposed to generating some excitement between the fans and players but the pyrotechnics haven't intimidated the opposing team or excited our fans in four years. Presbyterian wasn't scared, nor were the other stalwarts that visited the Joel during the [Redacted] era. This is Coach Manning's program. Tie Dye and balloon men were cool for some time. Not so much anymore. I'm really looking forward to the renovations at the Joel and to Coach Manning's touches to the environment. It's time to let the past go. The old environment brings back difficult memories: Skip's passing, Dino's firing, and the [Redacted] era. I'm fired up to watch Danny and the DEACS.

I like the motorcycle at the football games, I think it's great. I'm not much on the tie dye, It's kind of cheesy. I also enjoy the cycle at the BB games but could see where a change might be good.. I just don't know what the change would be... PS: The tie dye crap is ugly as all get out also.

Skip implemented the motorcycle and the tie dyes. We've seen them for a long time. Maybe Manning will have some ideas. We'll see.

Back