• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Record Setting Single Lap Around Manhattan

CHillDeac

Reaction score
Undercover speed demon set an illegal land speed record for a single lap around the borough — cutting and weaving through the 26.5-mile route in a hair-raising 24 minutes. The anonymous speed demon averaged about 66 mph during the late-night circuit, which was captured on a dramatic dashboard-cam video and posted to YouTube under the username AfroDuckProduction. The drive breaks the previous mark of 26 minutes set in 2010. In both runs, the drivers cut out the top of Manhattan above the Cross Bronx Expressway. Police Commissioner Ray Kelly promised to hunt down the dangerous driver, saying, “We now have license-plate readers in the city that will assist in this type of investigation.”

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/nyc_vroom_service_1jwTUHCj2Q2if4vh9zi8PN

If you watch closely you can see him blow one red light.

I thought I saw him run through two, but tough to count. That guy was hauling ass. There were a couple of really hairy spots at the end when he was probably pushing it harder to make time.

I had a driver in a town car take me from Yankee Stadium to Union Square at about that speed. Thought I was a dead man.

You lose most of your time on the west side hwy with all the lights.

Le rendezvous was awesome. The hug at the end right before 5-0 rolled up.

He had to be sweating it there at the end.

lol "hunt down the dangerous driver..." good way to spend taxpayer money. good luck with with hunting down that driver for his speeding ticket! make him PAY for what he's done!!

Back