• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

[Redacted]: More Excuses than Wins?

29.) "If it wasn't for that 35203523-10 run, we out-scored them by ..."

Is that a real quote?

I didn't hear it, but my brother said he said that on the hoops show. Nobody in our family, which has UNC, USC and Wake fans, could believe that a coach would say something like that, but after listening to his show, it wouldn't surprise me.

I have never heard a coach talk less about his actual team and more about incoming recruits.

30) 90% of my time last year was spent on 10% of the players.

I didn't hear it, but my brother said he said that on the hoops show. Nobody in our family, which has UNC, USC and Wake fans, could believe that a coach would say something like that, but after listening to his show, it wouldn't surprise me.

I have never heard a coach talk less about his actual team and more about incoming recruits.

Especially since three of the scholarship players are his recruits.

Especially since three wof the scholarship players are his recruits.

Especially since three of the scholarship players are his recruits.

No, no, they're not really his recruits. No first year coach has ever had a good recruiting class, especially if they and everyone close to the program know that the first season will be poor.

31) "Sorry honey, this usually never happens but I'm too stressed about my job."

No, no, they're not really his recruits. No first year coach has ever had a good recruiting class, especially if they and everyone close to the program know that the first season will be poor.

bzz has exactly one player that ever played for anyone else. it drives me nuts when people pretend he does not have "his players." he could have dumped walker last year and run with cj and only kids that "know his way of doing things."

33) I try and I try and I try but they just don't get it.

"i realize it looked like we got blown out today. again. unfortunately the team bus blew out a tire and we missed shoot around."

(i made this one up for him to use next year)

35. we could have really used jamie skeen this year.

Back