• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

[Redacted] NBA Anecdote

WakeHornet

Reaction score
From the WSJ game Clemson preview, did you know that Jeff [Redacted] currently speaks with "NBA guys" --

[Redacted] said. “And also they’ve got a great player, a great player. McDaniels is a great player. Talking to an NBA guy the other day, and I say ‘You need to look at that kid,’ and he says to me, he goes ‘Hey, trust me, he’s on the radar big time.’

cool-story-bro.jpg

One would hope Bz were referring to one of his players...

When will this nightmare end?

The NBA guy he was talking to was the janitor for the 76ers.

I watch a lot of NBA games, am I an NBA guy?

One of my favorite [Redacted]/NBA stories:

In 2001, his rookie season, [Birdman] Andersen was with the Denver Nuggets. The team made the playoffs for the first time in a decade, but after two losses to Minnesota on the road, Andersen appeared in the locker room with his hair in a Mohawk for the first time.

"You're not playing like that,'' coach Jeff [Redacted] said.

"Coach, I just paid $500 to fix it like this,'' Andersen said.

"You've got two choices,'' [Redacted] said. "Go in the shower and rinse that out of your hair, or do an about-face out of here because you ain't playing or even sitting on the bench like that. This game isn't about you drawing attention to yourself."
Andersen went to the shower and washed his hair.

Fuck you, buddy!

i like to read that quote as the guy sick of bzz telling him what/how to do his job. "trust me he's on the radar. <now shut the f up>"

Buzz knows an NBA scout. Jaybone knows an NBA scout. Buzz thinks he's competent. Jaybone thinks Buzz is competent. Buzz is awful at basketball stuff. Jaybone is awful at basketball stuff. If only Buzz played frisbee in his spare time...

"You've got two choices,'' [Redacted] said. "Go in the shower and rinse that out of your hair, or do an about-face out of here because you ain't playing or even sitting on the bench like that. This game isn't about you drawing attention to yourself."

HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN YOUR TIES?!?!?!?

Back