• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

[Redacted] not going anywhere...

The Lowe comparisons started when Bz was hired. It speaks volumes that only in Year 3 have things improved enough to resume that comparison.

I would certainly hope that Coach Bz files his taxes with the State of NC and the IRS! That by itself separates the 2.

I haven't given up hope yet. If we lose out in [Redacted] fashion, we'll be 12-19 and Wellman will have something to think about. Catching lightning in a bottle and beating a couple ranked teams isn't impressive when you end up 12-19 at the end of the year. I haven't given up hope. The BuzzOut movement continues.

I still think this was a short term hire. We have put together two really good recruiting classes and have Mitchell coming the following year. New coach next year and we are good to go in 2015 and 2016. Bz has done what he was hired to do.

Wellman should just run with this, claim victory, and move on; I hope you are right. Everyone could win under that scenario.

One of my state friends said this to me yesterday and it makes sense: [Redacted] is going to pull a Sydney Lowe. He will win just enough games to hang onto his job for far longer than he deserves.

Hell, a few more lucky bounces, and we are 7-7 in the ACC, 14-12 overall, and Bz may be in the conversation for coach of the year for leading such a young team to a decent season!

If he does that he will deserve a contract extension, which BTW he's going to get anyway.

The Lowe and buzz comparisons are bad ones. They are completely different coaches.

Buzz isn't animated, doesn't recruit overly well, but IMO does know basketball.

Lowe was animated, recruited exceptionally well, and had no clue what he was doing as a coach.

The Lowe and buzz comparisons are bad ones. They are completely different coaches.

Buzz isn't animated, doesn't recruit overly well, but IMO does know basketball.

Lowe was animated, recruited exceptionally well, and had no clue what he was doing as a coach.

The real analogy is Herb Sendek. No personality, apathetic fan base, just enough wins to stay far too many years.

Herb over performed in March. That hasn't happened with Bz.

The real analogy is Herb Sendek. No personality, apathetic fan base, just enough wins to stay far too many years.

This I agree with. Except Herb didn't run with the culture stuff. Julius Hodge would have never cut with Ron's culture purge.

Y'all assume Wellman means what he says about Bz,
but his words don't predict what he finally does.
He has several times shown that he lies through his teeth.
We can hope he knows Bz is no good, underneath.
Am I rationalizing? Perhaps. We all do.
But this way we can win out and fire Bz, too.

Back