• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

[Redacted] or NCAA Violations?

What Would You Take?

• Total voters
Take into consideration all of the relevant components (Buzz's coaching ability, the talent of these players, the incoming ACC teams, etc), what is Buzz's ceiling? A win in the NIT tournament (and that may even be a reach)?. That wasn't what he was brought in to do. He even said so in his introductory press conference: "Advance in postseason play" AKA the NCAA tourney. No way Buzz gets there. I know our AD is an out of touch lunatic, but Buzz'll be gone within 2 years. I'd bet good money on it.

It's not money that's being bet on it. Ron Wellman is betting years of my life, our lives. Some of us are not getting any younger...

That's not too bad.

That's a pretty big deal. Two yearly post-season bans and seven scholarships lost over the course of 5 years if probation is broken?

Not to mention the press that would come with the initial punishment and then the probation. Pretty embarrassing.

That's a pretty big deal. Two yearly post-season bans and seven scholarships lost over the course of 5 years if probation is broken?

Not to mention the press that would come with the initial punishment and then the probation. Pretty embarrassing.

I'm assuming a hypothetical in which we wouldn't break probation.

Are the acts they committed also considered criminal where the majority of the AD department is fired while Ron Wellman and [Redacted] go to jail for an extended period of time. If so then sign me up and burn this bitch to the ground.

We already hired a man that helped rob millions of dollars from common people, to the benefit of himself and a few select others, to run the accounting books for the Athletic Department.

Like I give a shit about Wake's reputation anymore. They've already lost their reputation as far as I'm concerned. I don't give a damn if they are embarrassed nationally or not at this point.

Yeah, there's got to be some recruiting violations going on here. No way the 2011 class of Chase Fischer, Daniel Green, and Anthony Fields was legitimate.

Gimme dat probation

At least we'd get our street cred back

So why are the players evidently so scared to say the word "Red" if that's all it takes?

Its bad enough that our athletic teams are an embarrassment and our academic environment has deteriorated over the past few years. No need to add cheating to the list.

So we've already have had three years of probation and the media/experts predict a 4th consecutive year of probation. So, what's the question again?

Loved this today. Seth's my new boi as he's been killing it on the twitter lately:

@SethOnHoops: All coaches talk about creating culture. Culture without the ability of the head coach to communicate and connect is just empty promises.

Back