• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

[Redacted]'s play calling at the end of close games..

Does everyone else enjoy DV7's grasping for negative things to say as much as me? After a well coach game stfu, just come back when we get rolled by Richmond in a couple of games.

In his defense, he did post this in another thread:
Buzz did awesome tonight on the whole, no doubt about it.

But that was the same Dino playcall with Ish as we had on the last possession during his tenure. A simple Iso with a high screen.

I think that was the only play Dino knew.

When you get an unobstructed lay-up out of your half-court offense with less than 5 seconds left on the clock...that is a great play.

When you get an unobstructed lay-up out of your half-court offense with less than 5 seconds left on the clock...that is a great play.

It was very similar to the play his high school coach Andy Muse would use at Mt Tabor ... he called it ISO CJ!

Wake Forest called time with 16 seconds left with the game tied at 53. Harris, shaking off the effects of an illness that bothered him all night, drove off a pick by Carson Desrosiers into the lane for the game winner.

[Redacted] said the play went according to plan.

"We knew that Diaz has trouble with high-ball screens in terms of his ability to move his feet,'' [Redacted] said of Nebraska center Jorge Brian Diaz. "C.J. just blew right by him and we opened up the court. That's what we were hoping for.

WS Journal Article

Most glaringly:
"Wake Forest beat Arizona State on Sunday to salvage its only victory out of three tries in the Old Spice Challenge in Orlando, Fla."

Most glaringly:
"Wake Forest beat Arizona State on Sunday to salvage its only victory out of three tries in the Old Spice Challenge in Orlando, Fla."

I could've swore it was Texas Tech, but the ESPN3 feed was kind of grainy.

I am glad they pulled it out. The Nebraska defense was so bad on the last play - zero rotation, that Kendall Marshall laughed.

I am glad they pulled it out. The Nebraska defense was so bad on the last play - zero rotation, that Kendall Marshall laughed.

Like me, the team seemed to stop and jump for joy when the shot went in nearly forgetting that 3 seconds remained on the clock.

Hopefully he will use TOs down the stretch more. We seemed aimless freelancing on the earlier possession.

If you're talking about the possession where the commentators were debating whether we should call a time out, that "aimless freelancing" got a wide open 3 for our best player. So i'm not too upset about that. Too bad McKie didn't even hit the rim....but that's another story.

The play was DESIGNED to get CJ on a big slow guy with Chase in the corner so that his guy couldn't help without giving Chjase an open short three.

What happened was what was logical to happen.

It was an excellently designed play.

Dino's Ish play was barely a play. No screen, no options. Just move everyone out of the play and make Ish win it by himself.

Back