• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Redshirt Washington?

Some of you guys are such tools. Young man has barely played 10 minutes of college basketball. Has very little confidence yet. Give the guy a chance to develop his strength and get some playing time before you cast him off.

This. Andre is already old for his class. I have a hunch that both him and Green will be solid rotation bigs for us next year.

Ridiculous to conclude already that Washington will never contribute. Plenty of time for him to put on some weight and develop.

This. Andre is already old for his class. I have a hunch that both him and Green will be solid rotation bigs for us next year.

I wish them both the best, but if either Green or Washington are playing more than 10 minutes a game on a NCAA tourney team,I will be blown away.

I wish them both the best, but if either Green or Washington are playing more than 10 minutes a game on a NCAA tourney team,I will be blown away.

Me, too, but I think it is possible. I can't think of a recent project big who didn't find success after putting in the work. Green and, to a less known extent, Washington are hardworking kids with good heads on their shoulders who will improve as a result. It's my opinion, for sure, but when have we ever had two giants with these two's intangibles at the same time? Like you said, it'd be a near miracle if they both turn out, but I like their chances better than most

I hope Daniel doesn't try to put on too much muscle this year. Coming back from a knee injury, we don't want him to have too much new weight. This is especially true for a really skinny kid.

I hope Daniel doesn't try to put on too much muscle this year. Coming back from a knee injury, we don't want him to have too much new weight. This is especially true for a really skinny kid.

Well you can sleep well tonight ...

We need DGreen to put on all the muscle he can. He wont be physically able to put on too much "good" weight.

The only thing I was thinking was that they had "cured" last year's problem of his inability to keep on weight. I guess he hasn't.

You think we'll have a tourney team?

No brainer to sit him. Getting nothing this year versus what could be a solid/better 5th season. This is not attack on the player but a statement that big guys need time to develop.

Devin's been doing an incredibly good job at staying out of foul trouble. We couldn't sit Washington this year because we don't have the personnel to field a front court if Devin is out.

For now we're skating with Cav and Devin's played 30+ minutes in 2 of our last 4 games. Washington needs to keep working hard because he's a rolled ankle, or more likely a technical on one of Devin's taunting moments, away from having to play critical minutes.

I assume the plan was for Washington to redshirt before Daniel got hurt. Kinda sucks, really could have used the time to develop and we would have evened out the ships a tad.

Screw redshirtung him. Convert him to LDS and send him on a mission. The he can be 27 and still playing for us.

too early to tell....a team has thirteen scholarships. You can take a chance on an athletic 7'1+ guy. You can't coach 7'1 with a long wingspan. That's the kind of chance you can take.

This is correct. I watched Warren Martin become a serviceable ACC player and he was the gangliest, goofiest prospect I've ever seen in high school ... even moreso than, say, Glen Sudhop @ NCSU or Ed Geth. Martin had the same wingspan as Washington.

Zoubek at Duke made enormous gains...when I first saw him I said " there is no way ".

Back