• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Redskins Name Change Thread

I was making an inference in response to previous posts. I don't give a fuck.

funny-dog-computer-17.gif

The Washington redacted is a racist name. I really don't know why it's so hard to accept. Just because you have some sort of emotional investment in the team, then rational thought flies out the window. Doesn't matter how you justify, the name is racist.

If you aren't Native American, then STFU. Your whiny little Holier-Than-Thou opinion doesn't count for shit. But it does mark you as a childish douche.

I am not Native American but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. Snyder is a racist.

He's also a billionaire and doesn't GAF. Still a waiting list for season tix. Name not changing.

Wrong and wrong. No waiting list and the name will change in less than 5 years. Why is Snyder ripping out seats at FedEx if there's a waiting list?

Wrong and wrong. No waiting list and the name will change in less than 5 years. Why is Snyder ripping out seats at FedEx if there's a waiting list?

You are uninformed. They are in the planning stages of building a stadium that's going to one up Jerryworld. Bruce Allen publicly stated last week that they wouldn't even change the name for a stadium deal. Virginia is begging for the Redskins to build on the VA side of DC. McAuliffe hosted Snyder at the Governor's Mansion a couple of weeks ago. Maryland will sweeten the pot to get the team to remain there when the time comes. Snyder is a billionaire with friends in high places who want his team in their state so that they can benefit from the revenues that it brings. They won't be pressuring him to change anything. He obviously doesn't care about the trademark cancellation. He doesn't give a fuck who bitches about the name. He's got Goodell, political backing, and billions in his pocket. Love him or hate him, Dan Snyder has giant swinging brass balls. Money talks and he's got enough to sit on the team's name without changing it for 100 years.

Fedex was one of the largest NFL stadiums, but those seats were outdoor and so nosebleed no one wanted them. There is still a season ticket waiting list if you want anything below the 400 level.

going from 91K to 84k or whatever had nothing to do with the name. The outcry is already like 1/3 of what it was 2-3 years ago. This year its not even a headline. Dude wasnt going to change it when the media was focused on it, and he is not going to change it now.

Fedex was one of the largest NFL stadiums, but those seats were outdoor and so nosebleed no one wanted them. There is still a season ticket waiting list if you want anything below the 400 level.

So there's no waiting list - glad you clarified. The team has been lying about it for more than a decade.

Keeping drinking the redskin koolaid clowns. Next thing you guys will try telling us is there's no QB controversy.

The Eagles... Forever the adopted little sister of the NFC East.

Back