• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Reifers T2, Gets First Place $$

RattlerDeac

Reaction score
Nationwide Tour: Reifers ties for second with an amateur and finishes one back of the amateur winner. He'll collect first prize money of $144k and should be a lock to regain his tour card in 2012.

Nice tournament.........67,68,68,68
Hope he keeps the momentum going

Kris Blanks is Liquid Karma's doppleganger?

119518272_crop_650x440.jpg

Holy shit...

Also, unreal that two amateurs have won on the Nationwide Tour this year.

Even more unreal that they play for the same college team and they're roommates.

Reifers is 5th on the moneylist and has made all of 4 cuts this year.

That's awesome. Was tracking a little bit of yesterday's round on my phone; clutch birdie at 18. No idea the winner and guy he tied for second with were both amateurs until now. Also, this tournament has the highest purse of any on the NW Tour other than their season-ending championship. What a fortunate time to him a great tournament. Nice to have 3 Deacs on tour next year. They showed a repla

Another golfer sporting a summer beard.

KReifers.jpg

For those that want to watch this, TGC will be replaying Sunday's coverage from 11am-1pm today.

Last edited:
"That's awesome. Was tracking a little bit of yesterday's round on my phone; clutch birdie at 18."

Great putt by Reifers there, probably broke left about 2' but it looked good from the moment he hit it.

Watched it on DVR last night. They interviewed him just after his round. He was in the next to last group and the last group was still on 18. He knew that putt gave him 1st place prize money. Said the win would be nice, but it was really about the money....and getting back on tour. Interesting and candid comment.

Didn't realize until watching last night that the guy leading by 1 bogeyed and the guy trailing by 1 birdied 18. Didn't recognize either name, so when I saw one at -14 and one at -13 on my phone Sunday, I assumed they both parred.

Was a hell of a putt.

Reifers is 5th on the moneylist and has made all of 4 cuts this year.

While this is true, it's also a little misleading as Reifers has been playing well lately but just missing cuts. (I know the OP wasn't trying to rag on Kyle, and was just pointing out an interesting fact--this is just to show that sometimes the facts are true but give the wrong impression.)

In the last seven tournaments, he has played even par or better in 19 of 21 rounds he played (and the two above-par rounds were 74s), but he missed the cut in 4 out of the 7 tournaments. That is some serious bad luck and a testament to how many good players there are out there on the Nationwide tour. In the other three outings he had the T2 last week (but first prize money since the winner and other T2 were amateurs), T5 and 22. So, the first-prize money last week could be seen as a little bit of payback for the bad luck with all the other MCs. Anyway, if he keeps playing well he should have no trouble finishing in the top 25 and getting back to the tour.

It would be great to have three Deacs on tour next year, especially considering the improvement this year from Haas and Simpson. I don't know any of these guys personally, but it makes it more interesting to me when one of them is in contention. I know it's stupid, but that's just the way it is.

last year Reifers only made 7 of 26 cuts. 2 top 25's, both of which were 2nd place finishes.

Of the 4 cuts he made this year, all 4 were top 25's and 3 were top 10 finishes.

Crazy stats definitely. He is -2 thru 3 today.

Welcome to the boards ericstratton. Damned glad to meet you.

He grew the beard just messing around on an off week, and has played well ever since. It is staying as long he keeps playing well.

don't blame him. Works for him....and offsets the occasional popped collar he sports. :)

last year Reifers only made 7 of 26 cuts. 2 top 25's, both of which were 2nd place finishes.

Of the 4 cuts he made this year, all 4 were top 25's and 3 were top 10 finishes.

Crazy stats definitely. He is -2 thru 3 today.

Welcome to the boards ericstratton. Damned glad to meet you.

I see what you did there. Nicely done. Well accomplished.

And remember, the question is not whether we took a few liberties with some of our female guests . . .

Back