• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rejecting words and actions which perpetrate, support or encourage white supremacists

Junebug, you are (deliberately?) misquoting and misinterpreting what Ingraham said in order to make it seem less racist.

"The America we know and love doesn't exist anymore," Ingraham said Wednesday night. "Massive demographic changes have been foisted on the American people, and they are changes that none of us ever voted for, and most of us don't like."

What America could she possibly be talking about? What aspect of America would change with new demographics coming in? Why wouldn't "most of us" like those changes? Who is the "us" in this statement?

If you can answer those questions in a manner that is not racist and full-blown white supremacist language, kudos. But don't change the question and don't editorialize to make it seem like Ingraham was talking about community character.

So I’m allowed to make the observation re: community character but I’m not allowed to say “and I don’t like the changes”? Is that the idea?

You're using the phrase "community character" like it has some meaning outside of race. In other circumstances, maybe it does. But here, she specified that she meant "demographic" changes. So yes, to answer your question, observing that there is a new demographic is not racist; saying you don't like the new demographic is racist.

There are just some straight up racists in and orbiting around the trump regime.

In the entire 11-minute segment, not just the 30-second quote about “demographics,” it is obvious she is referring to the new demographics insofar as they relate to crime rates. She’s not talking about disliking illegal immigrants because they are brown.

this fucking guy.

In the entire 11-minute segment, not just the 30-second quote about “demographics,” it is obvious she is referring to the new demographics insofar as they relate to crime rates. She’s not talking about disliking illegal immigrants because they are brown.

But immigrants, both legal and undocumented, commit fewer crimes per capita than native born Americans. So any link between immigration and crime is based on bias/racism, not fact.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-immigrants-here-illegally-commit-more-crime/

I mean if your choice is an uneducated ethnic person and an uneducated fat American slob give me the uneducated ethnic person because at least they can cook some dope food. The fat American slob is just wasting my time taking the elevator from from 1 to 2 while collecting government checks while complaining immigrants are wasting the tax dollars they don’t pay.

Right, the 30-second segment is racist because she says she doesn't like the new demographic, and the whole 11 minutes is racist because she equates that demographic with crime.

So my lovely city of Cville has officially gone nuts this year. Everything city is closed. All government, parks, pools, community centers.... are closed from this evening through Sunday. Banned from downtown things that could be used as weapons, including bb guns and umbrellas, but you can have a real gun on you anywhere because, you know, the 2nd amendment. Downtown streets will be blocked off, and they canceled Fridays After Five. I mean, I get that a few white supremacist or antifa stragglers may not have gotten the memo that all activity will be in DC rather than Cville, and I appreciate the large police presence as a result. But no, we can't have kids swimming in pools in 90 degree heat. Instead, we'd rather them wander around downtown where they could encounter a white supremacist or antifa straggler. And we certainly don't want any white supremacists booking a tee time at our local muni - we'd rather our muni lose $6-8K in business for the weekend. So if you come to Cville this weekend, in which we are expecting showers, please don't walk downtown in the rain with an umbrella.

So my lovely city of Cville has officially gone nuts this year. Everything city is closed. All government, parks, pools, community centers.... are closed from this evening through Sunday. Banned from downtown things that could be used as weapons, including bb guns and umbrellas, but you can have a real gun on you anywhere because, you know, the 2nd amendment. Downtown streets will be blocked off, and they canceled Fridays After Five. I mean, I get that a few white supremacist or antifa stragglers may not have gotten the memo that all activity will be in DC rather than Cville, and I appreciate the large police presence as a result. But no, we can't have kids swimming in pools in 90 degree heat. Instead, we'd rather them wander around downtown where they could encounter a white supremacist or antifa straggler. And we certainly don't want any white supremacists booking a tee time at our local muni - we'd rather our muni lose $6-8K in business for the weekend. So if you come to Cville this weekend, in which we are expecting showers, please don't walk downtown in the rain with an umbrella.

sounds like people should just leave Charlottesville, which is the right thing to do anyway

surely immigrants aren't facing the same issues as black and latino americans vis a vis the police

Immigration and Crime

Summary and Keywords

In the context of crime, victimization, and immigration in the United States, research shows that people are afraid of immigrants because they think immigrants are a threat to their safety and engage in many violent and property crimes. However, quantitative research has consistently shown that being foreign born is negatively associated with crime overall and is not significantly associated with committing either violent or property crime. If an undocumented immigrant is arrested for a criminal offense, it tends to be for a misdemeanor. Researchers suggest that undocumented immigrants may be less likely to engage in serious criminal offending behavior because they seek to earn money and not to draw attention to themselves. Additionally, immigrants who have access to social services are less likely to engage in crime than those who live in communities where such access is not available. In regard to victimization, immigrants are more likely to be victims of crime. Foreign-born victims of crime may not report their victimization because of fears that they will experience negative consequences if they contact the police. Recently, concern about immigration and victimization has turned to refugees who are at risk of harm from traffickers, who warehouse them, threaten them, and physically abuse them with impunity. More research is needed on the relationship among immigration, offending, and victimization. The United States and other nations that focus on border security may be misplacing their efforts during global crises that result in forced migrations. Poverty and war, among other social conditions that would “encourage” a person to leave their homeland in search of a better life, should be addressed by governments when enforcing immigration laws and policy.

Back