• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rejecting words and actions which perpetrate, support or encourage white supremacists

A Daily Caller Editor Wrote for an ‘Alt-Right’ Website Using a Pseudonym

Greer expressed racist antiblack views and anti-Semitism in the Radix articles he wrote under the Michael McGregor byline, and disparaged other groups including feminists, immigrants, Christian Zionists, and the pro-life movement. In an interview with the website Social Matter in 2014, the same year Greer started working at The Daily Caller, Michael McGregor was identified as the managing editor of Radix.

I, for one, am shocked that Tucker Carlson's blog had a white supremacist writer / editor.

Since we are on a sports message board, his views on football:

In March of that year, Greer complained that white men were being discriminated against in football, writing: “Running backs, wide receivers, and most defensive roles are seemingly reserved for Blacks only. If you’re a White guy at any of those positions, the odds are stacked against you for getting noticed by the big college programs. No matter how talented you are, you aren’t Black.”

Ha ha - you don't see too many "it's not fair that they don't let whites play corner back" stances these days.

That’s a fair criticism. It’s actually called stacking.

White athletes who are 5-9 to 5-11 and 160 to 180 lbs are largely absent from the highest levels of football but they’re common in soccer. Look at the Wake football and soccer rosters as an example. Cornerbacks have similar athletic requirements to soccer players. Speed forward and backward, quick lateral movement and hips. Yet white athletes with those abilities are largely absent from football.

https://explorationracesports.wordpress.com/2011/12/12/racial-stacking-in-sports-2/

Of course, the problem is the primarily white football coaches at all levels who use stereotypes to determine who plays what positions. I had a student who used to play for a college coach who specifically told his players that he doesn’t recruit white guys to play RB or WR. Ridiculous practice but that how this coach recruited.

Loving the new Nike & Kaepernick campaign

#anecdotes

(Am I doing this right?)

No. You use #anecdotes will someone tries to tell a story in absence of data or to trump data. That's an example or personal story that helps explain the data that we all see.

But I'm curious what your take is on this. Do you disagree that coaches decide who plays what position? Do you disagree that most football coaches are white?

That’s a fair criticism. It’s actually called stacking.

White athletes who are 5-9 to 5-11 and 160 to 180 lbs are largely absent from the highest levels of football but they’re common in soccer. Look at the Wake football and soccer rosters as an example. Cornerbacks have similar athletic requirements to soccer players. Speed forward and backward, quick lateral movement and hips. Yet white athletes with those abilities are largely absent from football.

https://explorationracesports.wordpress.com/2011/12/12/racial-stacking-in-sports-2/

Of course, the problem is the primarily white football coaches at all levels who use stereotypes to determine who plays what positions. I had a student who used to play for a college coach who specifically told his players that he doesn’t recruit white guys to play RB or WR. Ridiculous practice but that how this coach recruited.

so you're saying soccer is separate but equal

I think that proposed solutions that focus on the individual, like education or bias training, are more band-aids than anything else. White supremacy and racism are institutionalized and we need to find solutions that address it at the root, rather than treat the symptoms.

That is not meant to diminish that individual's story. Thanks for sharing.

I think that proposed solutions that focus on the individual, like education or bias training, are more band-aids than anything else. White supremacy and racism are institutionalized and we need to find solutions that address it at the root, rather than treat the symptoms.

That is not meant to diminish that individual's story. Thanks for sharing.

Education is an institutional way to address institutional problems. We can't address institutional problems without more support from individuals.

Basically, why not both?

Education is an institutional way to address institutional problems. We can't address institutional problems without more support from individuals.

Basically, why not both?

Well I'm not saying you can't do both. But education also has a lot of institutionalized racism. I'm saying we can't address racism through liberal arts education, if we don't address how all these institutions entrench and perpetuate white supremacy.

why do you do this? I've asked you to stop. I'm trying to be more respectful toward others. Seems like you could do the same.
You know for somebody who is as forceful with their opinion as you are, you sure are hypersensitive.

You know for somebody who is as forceful with their opinion as you are, you sure are hypersensitive.

I could see how you would think that from just looking at that one response, but at this point it’s a pattern of not engaging in good faith and trolling.

why do you do this? I've asked you to stop. I'm trying to be more respectful toward others. Seems like you could do the same.

doing what? you made a statement about how the problems of this nation are because we have too many educated people making decisions

disagreeing with your theory is not disrespectful

Well I'm not saying you can't do both. But education also has a lot of institutionalized racism. I'm saying we can't address racism through liberal arts education, if we don't address how all these institutions entrench and perpetuate white supremacy.

You responded with this:

that's not the fault of the idea of people educating themselves

I didn't say anything about fault. I was arguing that people educating themselves, while good and admirable, will not solve institutionalized white supremacy.

doing what? you made a statement about how the problems of this nation are because we have too many educated people making decisions

disagreeing with your theory is not disrespectful

You intentionally distort my arguments in how you respond. I also did not say that our problems are "because we have too many educated people making decisions."

Again, another way that you distort what I say.

yesterday you flat out said that letting educated people present ideas was a failure at best and bad idea at worst

Back