• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Remind me not to eat armadillos.

I saw an article on this the other day, I don't know why an extensive study needed to be done. It has been known for decades that Armadillos were the only other organism that resulted in a permissive lepromatosis infection. There are armadillo leper colonies I believe at Tulane and LSU used for study, where leprae is injected into the armadillo footpad. Makes sense that it is a species specific zoonotic disease.

Most of the armadillos I saw in Texas were roadkill on the highway. In my mind, that makes them undesirable enough, but leprosy, too?

I saw an article on this the other day, I don't know why an extensive study needed to be done. It has been known for decades that Armadillos were the only other organism that resulted in a permissive lepromatosis infection. There are armadillo leper colonies I believe at Tulane and LSU used for study, where leprae is injected into the armadillo footpad. Makes sense that it is a species specific zoonotic disease.

Is it still a requirement to walk around and yell "Unclean!" if you catch leprosy?

I also thought of Pulp Fiction, but more along the lines of Jules' statement that "sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'll never know 'cause I wouldn't eat the filthy m***********."

Yodeacs, don't forget that you can't eat armadillos.

Back