• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Renee Ellmers: Dumb down the message to reach women

BeachBumDeac

Cheap Date
Reaction score
Men do tend to talk about things on a much higher level. Many of my male colleagues, when they go to the House floor, you know, they’ve got some pie chart or graph behind them and they’re talking about trillions of dollars and how, you know, the debt is awful and, you know, we all agree with that ... we need our male colleagues to understand that if you can bring it down to a woman's level and what everything that she is balancing in her life — that’s the way to go.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2...ender_gap_bring_politics_down_to_a_woman.html

I would agree that the message needs to be dumbed down to reach Congresswoman Ellmers (and a few of her colleagues on both sides of the aisle) but not women in general.

Sadly there are plenty of Americans like her. A lot of them do like Clay Aiken though. So there's hope.

She makes Virginia Foxx look like a Rhodes Scholar.

Never heard of her before. So I looked up her background and education and qualifications.

She was a nurse and didn't like Obama.

Okay. Got it. And surprise surprise, Sarah Fuckwit Palin endorsed her. Morons of a feather and all that.

So, which one of you N.C. rubes voted for this dumbass? C'mon, fess up.

...she's my best friend's aunt.

that said, you couldn't pay me to vote for her.

lbE, an aunt is the sister of one of your friend's parents

like, if your siblings had kids, YOU would be an aunt

lbE, an aunt is the sister of one of your friend's parents

like, if your siblings had kids, YOU would be an aunt

WHOA.

can you please say that again slower? I'm not sure I comprehend.

I feel like the most recent NC gerrymeandering has exposed the true stupidity of the North Carolina voting base, and it makes me sad.

Back