• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Report: Census faked 2012 jobs report

A lot of people were highly skeptical of the jobs reports right before the election. Guess that skepticism was justified.

Let's first recognize that it is the NY Post reporting it, so it only has a 50-50 chance of being true, tops. That said, if it is true, is anybody really surprised with this clown? Fleeced again.

Let's first recognize that it is the NY Post reporting it, so it only has a 50-50 chance of being true, tops. That said, if it is true, is anybody really surprised with this clown? Fleeced again.

At least they are reporting that the report was "faked" per their headline. #cya

What was reported isn't quite "Obama faked the job report to bolster unemployment numbers" although it's bad on its own right.

My fear is that if they require a ridiculous 90% response rate, this may have been going on for many years.

Not just from the NY Post, but from a columnist who clearly does not like the US Census.

During the 2010 Census report — an enormous and costly survey of the entire country that goes on for a full year — I suspected (and wrote in a number of columns) that Census was inexplicably hiring and firing temporary workers.

Definitely makes him sound like one of those conservatives who wants to cut every single extraneous thing in the government. In other words, someone with an axe to grind.

I'll be pissed if this is true, but I'll wait until I see some evidence from a real reporter.

Is it an article or an opinion piece? Will he be publishing the documents he is relying upon to make these statements?

"Buckmon told me in an interview this past weekend that he was told to make up information by higher-ups at Census."

Since when did Wellman and Casstevens get jobs at Census?

Back