• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Report: Kavanaugh won’t commit to recusal from Trump/Mueller related matters

He wasn’t asked whether he knew the program had been implemented. Here’s the relevant text

Do you think that Kavanaugh believed he had not “seen or heard anything” about the program when he gave that answer?

Do you think the one email we have seen is the only document that exists showing Kavanaugh had knowledge of the program?

Of course that is what he believes. He has no other choice.

Of course that is what he believes. He has no other choice.

The whole conservative house of cards tumbles when they allow for common sense and truth.

I’m not a big fan of Booker but the worst thing you say is that he is as much of a camera whore as any senator at one of these hearings.

The whole conservative house of cards tumbles when they allow for common sense and truth.

I’m not a big fan of Booker but the worst thing you say is that he is as much of a camera whore as any senator at one of these hearings.

He's done well. Next he should repudiate his comments that Obama's anti-Bain attacks in '12 made him sick. Bain's murder of Geoffrey the Giraffe should provide ample cover for the reversal.

36289883_10212230465377449_3843214196195983360_n.jpg

Thanks, capitalism

Unfortunately, I don't see any of this stopping him from reaching the Court. The tiny handful of possible GOP "swing votes" will fold as always - Collins, Sasse, Flake, etc. They'll do what they've done for nearly two years now - state their "concerns", and then come up with some excuse to vote to confirm him. There's no way they will allow his nomination to fail, especially given that the Democrats now seem to have a realistic chance to win back the Senate. They know this might be their last shot to add another right-winger to the Court for awhile, and it will cement their majority, perhaps for a decade or more.

Let’s all welcome the newest member of the Supreme Court, Justice Kavanaugh.

Golf clap..

Senate Democrats sending secret letter about Kavanaugh to FBI

"I have received information from an individual concerning the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court. That individual strongly requested confidentiality, declined to come forward or press the matter further," Feinstein said.

"I have honored that decision. I have, however, referred the matter to federal investigative authorities," she continued.

Sources told The Intercept that the letter was relayed by an individual affiliated with Stanford University. Some sources told the publication that it was about an incident involving Kavanaugh and a woman while they were in high school.

Attorney Debra Katz is representing the woman who is the subject of the letter, according to The Intercept. She declined to confirm to BuzzFeed News that she is representing the woman, and did not comment further.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...g-secret-letter-about-kavanaugh-to-fbi-report

The Vegas line is 7/5 that Kavanaugh has a gambling issue, but the odds on the street are 1/2.

Good now Trump can pull him and nominate Barrett. She is more conservative anyway. Good move by the Dems.

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg made her disapproval known regarding the “highly partisan show” that took place during confirmation hearings for Brett Kavanaugh.
Speaking at the George Washington University Law School, Justice Ginsburg told students that “the way it was, was right. The way it is, is wrong.” She called the “atmosphere” of her 96-3 voted confirmation “truly bipartisan.”

“The vote on my confirmation was 96-3, even though I had spent about 10 years of my life litigating cases under the auspices of the ACLU,” she explained. “No senator asked me any questions — not about that.”

Ginsburg offered another example, in memory of the late Justice Anton Scalia: “Think of Justice Scalia, who’s certainly a known character in, what was it? 1986,” she said, continuing:

The vote was unanimous, every Democrat and every Republican voted for him. That’s the way it should be, instead of what it’s become, which is a highly partisan show. The Republicans move in lockstep, and so do the Democrats. I wish I could wave a magic wand and have it go back to the way it was.

Despite the contentious nature of Kavanaugh’s confirmation hearings — complete with allegations of perjury — he is expected to gain more than the 50 votes needed for confirmation.

but Trump, harumph

Back