• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Report: Kavanaugh won’t commit to recusal from Trump/Mueller related matters

Serious question for those posters older than I (hint: all of you): who was the most controversial SCOTUS candidate nominated by a Democratic President?

Serious question for those posters older than I (hint: all of you): who was the most controversial SCOTUS candidate nominated by a Democratic President?

Abe Fortas was already an Associate Justice but was named to replace Earl Warren as Chief Justice by LBJ. Among the things that were learned was that Fortas was so close to LBJ that they would discuss cases. There bogus payments to Fortas. He was forced to leave the Supreme Court out of shame.

Of course neither Kavanaugh nor Trump have any shame.

So because a proofreader didn't catch the omission of the word "not", the New York Times is less reliable than 5 viral internet rumors? Got it, I think I understand the universe Angus is living in.

Its the universe of dumb as shit, many fellow Americans reside there.

The John Jay hearings were pretty contentious if I recall correctly.

Let's look at the scorecard:

Trump says he grabbed women by their pussies and forced himself on them.
About two dozen women say he did that to them.
Trump and Kelly defend serial wife beater Rob Porter before and after pictures of his crimes are made public
Trump hires Shine to run his communications department. For decades, Shine covered for the sexual harassment and assaults of Roger Ailes and Bill O'Reilly (minimum $45M) at Fox.
Trump nominates Kavanaugh.

Kavanaugh isn't an outlier. He just another abuser of women supporters of Trump routinely approve of and turn blind eyes too. Then, those who support the abusers blame others. The Immoral Minority lives!

OOPS...forgot about Trump's support of the child molestor Roy Moore.

Last edited:
Oh shut the fuck up and stay on topic.

This is Ford and Kavanaugh.

Oh shut the fuck up and stay on topic.

This is Ford and Kavanaugh.

You republicans put a known serial adulter, a known sexual harasser and an admitted sexual assailant into the White House and now you are trying to put a possible wanna be rapist into the scotus. I see no problem with taking a few extra days or weeks to investigate this Kavanaugh shithead after what you fucking moronic assholes did to the presidency.

Ding... Ding... Ding.

Just an innocuous mistake by the 'Newspaper of Record" leaving out the "not" in the story. No biggie.

Does anyone know where the correction was noted in the print edition?

Correction: September 18, 2018
An earlier version of this article misstated what Mark Judge told the Senate Judiciary Committee. He said that he does not remember the episode, not that he does.

A version of this article appears in print on Sept. 19, 2018, on Page A1 of the New York edition with the headline: Court Nominee’s Accuser Demands Inquiry by F.B.I.. Order Reprints | Today’s Paper | Subscribe

Seems like the e-version was published on the 18th and corrected on the 18th. The print version was on the 19th. Do we know if the print version contained the same error?

This is pretty silly. Of course they should try to make no errors. Every place, however, makes some. The better places make fewer and correct them as quickly as they can and don't intentionally mislead.

I’m pretty sure Angus has the print edition of the NYT. Otherwise he wouldn’t know if the error that was already corrected online made it into the print edition. He was very sure the error made it into print. I’m sure he’ll take a picture of his Wednesday paper and post it for confirmation.

I’m pretty sure Angus has the print edition of the NYT. Otherwise he wouldn’t know if the error that was already corrected online made it into the print edition. He was very sure the error made it into print. I’m sure he’ll take a picture of his Wednesday paper and post it for confirmation.

My money says he has neither. He has posts on conservative websites.

Except Ford has said she knows the other guy well and even visited him in the hospital. She said there is zero chance it was him.

What this does show is how much of a scumball Kavanaugh is in letting his people slime a totally innocent person.

You republicans put a known serial adulter, a known sexual harasser and an admitted sexual assailant into the White House and now you are trying to put a possible wanna be rapist into the scotus. I see no problem with taking a few extra days or weeks to investigate this Kavanaugh shithead after what you fucking moronic assholes did to the presidency.

+1000

The GOP doesn’t deserve the benefit of the doubt after its bullshit Trump charade.

Garrett should sue for defamation if this is a coordinated attack. This thread is beyond absurd.

Note: Whelan is a big conservative activist.

Last edited:
Back