• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Report: Kavanaugh won’t commit to recusal from Trump/Mueller related matters

She has a chance to testify.

Step up, Ballsy Ford, or stfu. It’s that simple.

Not at all. Unlike you I have common sense and can spot this fraud from way out.

Didn’t really have to try considering the entire farce is held together by buts of string and a smidge of glue
92983ddda99126f762628442981a68b6.jpg

And Cocaine Mitch plays the politics card. Cry me a fucking River.

Fair reminder that it isn't just Trump. They don't need a single Dem vote. Republicans hold every branch of government, all the power that McConnell has been plotting to attain for years, yet they are always, always, the victims.

Fair reminder that it isn't just Trump. They don't need a single Dem vote. Republicans hold every branch of government, all the power that McConnell has been plotting to attain for years, yet they are always, always, the victims.

good post

Yep. They spent months after Trump's election bragging about how the Democrats were now a "powerless minority" that had no control over any branch of the federal government (or the great majority of state governments), and how all-powerful the GOP was, yet since early 2017 all they've done is complain and yell about what meanies the Democrats still are and how they won't agree to anything and why won't the Democrats just stop opposing and criticizing them all the time. They don't need any Democratic votes to confirm Kavanaugh, so why are they stalling? Could it be that maybe the larger public beyond their Trumpite base has serious concerns about his credibility? Nah - let's just blame the minority party for everything that goes wrong!

Yep. They spent months after Trump's election bragging about how the Democrats were now a "powerless minority" that had no control over any branch of the federal government (or the great majority of state governments), and how all-powerful the GOP was, yet since early 2017 all they've done is complain and yell about what meanies the Democrats still are and how they won't agree to anything and why won't the Democrats just stop opposing and criticizing them all the time. They don't need any Democratic votes to confirm Kavanaugh, so why are they stalling? Could it be that maybe the larger public beyond their Trumpite base has serious concerns about his credibility? Nah - let's just blame the minority party for everything that goes wrong!

Aren't they required to go through hearings? Accomplish due diligence? Allow majority and minority senators to ask questions to the candidate? I am not a McConnell guy, but I don't think you can just straight vote in a Supreme Court Justice without going through the proper procedure. Perhaps you can, and this is all just for public perception...I could be wrong on that.

Democrats started this chain of events by reducing the filibuster rule to simple majority in 2013 (You can blame it on Republicans for being hardheaded during that time, but there have been plenty of times in our country's history where a minority party wouldn't submit). Republicans continued/escalated the fight with Merrick Garland. Democrats are very obviously counter punching with the same tactic. The left gets lefter and the right gets righter. Its an ugly cycle. Not really sure of a way out. Garland was a good pick and the Republicans acted awfully. Kavanaugh is a good pick, and the Democrats are acting awfully. (I don't believe for a second that any of these accusations are based on credible evidence. Something most likely happened, but she has no way of determining that it was Kavanaugh, and his life speaks to his character, particularly with women. This isn't a Donald Trump or Bill Clinton kind of pattern). This is a delay tactic and nothing more to try and get this thing to the mid-terms.

Kavanaugh will be confirmed IMO, but the larger issue still exists. The good of the country is not a primary objective of either party. Power is the only currency. Not sure how you get past that in the current rule setup / political climate.

Last edited:
How do you figure she was no way of determining if it was Kavanaugh?

Here's a thought. What if Dr. Ford rightfully demands that Judge, the person who has said he/she about the incident, her shrink and her hubby and the GOP refuses and she takes them all onto a full hour of 60 Minutes?

Aren't they required to go through hearings? Accomplish due diligence? Allow majority and minority senators to ask questions to the candidate? I am not a McConnell guy, but I don't think you can just straight vote in a Supreme Court Justice without going through the proper procedure. Perhaps you can, and this is all just for public perception...I could be wrong on that.

Democrats started this chain of events by reducing the filibuster rule to simple majority in 2013 (You can blame it on Republicans for being hardheaded during that time, but there have been plenty of times in our country's history where a minority party wouldn't submit). Republicans continued/escalated the fight with Merrick Garland. Democrats are very obviously counter punching with the same tactic. The left gets lefter and the right gets righter. Its an ugly cycle. Not really sure of a way out. Garland was a good pick and the Republicans acted awfully. Kavanaugh is a good pick, and the Democrats are acting awfully. (I don't believe for a second that any of these accusations are based on credible evidence. Something most likely happened, but she has no way of determining that it was Kavanaugh, and his life speaks to his character, particularly with women. This isn't a Donald Trump or Bill Clinton kind of pattern). This is a delay tactic and nothing more to try and get this thing to the mid-terms.

Kavanaugh will be confirmed IMO, but the larger issue still exists. The good of the country is not a primary objective of either party. Power is the only currency. Not sure how you get past that in the current rule setup / political climate.

They didn't go through proper procedure or have hearings for Garland, so why should they have to do it now? McConnell has shown no such ethical scruples before. Of course this is just for public show, they have the majority, and they don't have to allow her to testify or anything else. The only reason they're agreeing to these hearings is that they're terrified of the approaching November elections, and angering and driving even more women and others out to vote against the GOP. If she refuses to testify, they (and their allies in right-wing media, like Fox) will scream that she's a fraud and that her story has no credibility, and they'll proceed to ram him through. It may be a losing gamble, but as the GOP is obviously determined to ram Kavanaugh through, they think it's their best (maybe only) bet to get him on the SC while not further damaging their chances in the fall elections.

Last edited:
MCconnell would have changed the filibuster rule immediately upon taking power. The reality is the reason the Dems changed the rule was McConnell's historic level of obstruction. The Top 6 numbers of use of cloture were done by McConnell. None of those years were close what had been the most massive use of cloture.

This is 100% on McConnell.

Kavanaugh is a good pick, and the Democrats are acting awfully. (I don't believe for a second that any of these accusations are based on credible evidence. Something most likely happened, but she has no way of determining that it was Kavanaugh, and his life speaks to his character, particularly with women. This isn't a Donald Trump or Bill Clinton kind of pattern).

I don’t quite understand the “I don’t believe for a second that any of these accusations are based on credible evidence” comment. It’s not like the person coming forward wasn’t there when it happened. So, for the accuser, the accusation is based upon the most credible evidence one can have - her experience.

Now, I think what you meant to say is that you don’t find these accusations credible because you believe the accuser is lying. Your only reasoning for this conclusion seems to be “Kavanaugh’s life...particularly with women.” This seems odd to me since I doubt you know him personally or any of the women that do.

Also, even if Kavanaugh has treated every woman he’s ever encountered since that night with the utmost respect, that doesn’t make the accusation false.

So, the question is do you believe the accuser. In terms of actual evidence relevant to the issue at hand she has provided two ways to substantiate her claims: 1) She brought this episode up years ago with no motive of any kind with a therapist. So, it seems odd she would lie about it then. 2) She passed a lie detector test.

That is actual evidence that tends to lend credibility to her accusations. Unless she’s some sociopath who has been hatching this scheme for years in the off chance Kavanaugh one day got nominated to the Supreme Court.

Last edited:
Steve :
Thanks for the kind words. I have appreciated and learned from the work ethic, sound judgment, and
intellectual integrity you have demonstrated in your work at K& E and in the government.

Disqualifying

Back