• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Report: Kavanaugh won’t commit to recusal from Trump/Mueller related matters

Why would two men come forward and admit to a crime 36 years after the fact?

IDK..why would several ladies wait 36 years to blatantly levy accusations against an innocent man?

Democrats use of political Smears in this affair is readily apparent..even for a supposed academic.

Why are people focused on what they think actually happened? No one is going to prove out these allegations, nor are they going to prove out his innocence.

The issue is the lack of trust in Kavanaugh's credibility and the need to protect the overall integrity of the court. He's simply not worth it any longer - IMO that's true regardless of what you think about his innocence or guilt. Someone else should get this job.

And man does our President not "get it". That press conference he held today was bat shit crazy.

No. That’s not how it works you undemocratic Putz. You don’t get to parade a group of radical left wing tramps out to demonize someone with ZERO Evidence and then claim the job is done.

FUCK ALL THAT ^ :)

“Trump is the New PUNK” — Johnny Rotten

Nope. It's way too convenient and I doubt they have a history of telling others they did it.

Will they go under oath and be willing to be arrested and go to jail as there is no statute of limitations on sexual assault in MD?

“Way too convenient”

Hahahahahahahahaha

Junebug seems to not grasp pretty simple things like institutional racism or that patriarchal elite institutions can hide and protect serial abusers.

College boy uses big descriptors. “Institutional this and institutional that ..”

Way to go Wake Forest. Another mindless marxist-lite zombie. Thanks!

Why are people focused on what they think actually happened? No one is going to prove out these allegations, nor are they going to prove out his innocence.

The issue is the lack of trust in Kavanaugh's credibility and the need to protect the overall integrity of the court. He's simply not worth it any longer - IMO that's true regardless of what you think about his innocence or guilt. Someone else should get this job.

And man does our President not "get it". That press conference he held today was bat shit crazy.

Because those are two separate things. Junebug is apparently an exception, but most people are able to make determinations on credibility and issues of fact without weighing admissible evidence against some heightened standard. Being a juror 24/7 must be exhausting

If Kavanaugh is not guilty, he should not withdraw.

If you withdraw the nomination without clear and preponderant evidence against him, you just open the door to more and more smears in the future.

A few things:

1 - You think him not withdrawing is going to prevent either side from looking for bad things to say about candidates in the future? I don't. That card has been cast.

2 - This isn't about whether he is guilty for an assault or not. This is about whether he is the right person to sit on the SC for life. And part of that determination is his credibility. The guy to date has deflected attention about his propensity to binge drink (and we're not just talking about a reputation for tying on a mean buzz but rather a guy who bragged about being the President of the Ralph Club during Beach Week in his yearbook) by saying his HS years were spent volunteering in the community and at church. He no doubt was smart, hard working and perhaps did volunteer. But at least own up to the fact you partied your fucking brains out.

3 - These are serious accusations. And there are plenty of candidates who will not come with these questions. I get that he could be facing a proverbial witch hunt. But the court is bigger than one guy who wants to serve on it and there are plenty of other equally qualified jurists out there.

Admitting it was you doesn’t necessarily mean admitting to a crime. One could say “it was me, but it didn’t happen exactly the way she claims.”

So combine the two approaches. “I wasn’t me” and “that bitch is lying.”

No you don’t.

I actually see his line of logic. My beef with it is perhaps a bit different. IMO, even if we assume this is nothing more than a smear campaign, the playbook is now out in the open regardless of whether he tries to go through with his confirmation or steps aside. IOW, "smear campaigns" will happen regardless. This one guy isn't worth it.

My question pertained to your actions at parties where you said you knew girls were being drugged and raped. By your non-response, I can only assume you did nothing. Instead, you hide behind the “Greek system” like that’s an excuse, and you suggest you just got caught up in something you couldn’t control. It’s not and you didn’t. You chose really shitty friends, and you didn’t stand up to them when they drugged and raped girls.

You knew girls were being drugged and raped and you did nothing. I hope people on this board know you in real life and know what a god-damned coward you are. And you have the gall to lecture me about #metoo? Yes, I’m skeptical of these claims against Kavanaugh and I’m a mean old Pub, but I’m not an accomplice to, you know, actual rape.

Pathetic.

Think you need to touch up on accomplice liability counselor.

And I hate to break it to you, but if you went to more than a handful of large parties at Wake then you were almost certainly at a party where someone was sexually assaulted. What did you do to stop it?

Yeah solid accusations from junebug in his deflection and inability to answer questions from others once again being wrapped up in his purist view of life. I’m not witnessing people getting raped you fucking moron, I’m hearing oh hey you hear that so and so got assaulted at this fraternity last weekend, or so and so is being investigated. Then you end up at a party at the said fraternity sometime later. Man you really suck.

Why would two men come forward and admit to a crime 36 years after the fact?

Perhaps they don’t want to bear the burden of the smear job being done on Kavanaugh. For those with a conscience, the concept of confession is not all that difficult to understand.

Perhaps they don’t want to bear the burden of the smear job being done on Kavanaugh. For those with a conscience, the concept of confession is not all that difficult to understand.

It sounds like they were both claiming to be Kavanaugh in the incident. Which seems problematic.

If anything that would lend even more support to the existence of these parties. Hell I only lived in DC/MD for three years and none of the Georgetown Prep stuff that’s come out surprised me. It’s not exactly a well kept secret.

Think you need to touch up on accomplice liability counselor.

And I hate to break it to you, but if you went to more than a handful of large parties at Wake then you were almost certainly at a party where someone was sexually assaulted. What did you do to stop it?

It isn't enough to be present at an event where the crime took place. You have to know it is taking place and you had to assist in it taking place - which can be very complicated questions to answer and prove depending on the circumstances.

Back