• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Reporting Armed and Dangerous Person on UNC Campus

liveanddiedeac

Reaction score
Praying for everyone's safety and quick resolution of this situation for the Tarheels.

No reporting of related activity from the hospitals, which is good news it seems.

A couple of years ago Mt Tabor High School started their school year with a shooting - student shooting student. Because they didn't apprehend the shooter right away, the surrounding area was on lockdown... including my neighborhood. I cannot imagine how it is for those students because it was anxiety provoking enough being in my house and being told not to go outside and not to answer the door.

Saying suspect in custody and no reports of casualties of far. Hope that all holds true.

No official channels have said anything about a suspect in custody and the shelter in place is still in effect.

I’m still getting active shelter in place texts, so who knows. Already one erroneous report of an apprehension earlier.

The news media is so crazy, instead of taking a breath and waiting until something can be confirmed, they immediately report anything whether it's true or not. The media in this country is out of control and I don't care which side you're on politically. They act like the number one priority should be getting them information instead of, you know, authorities actually dealing with whatever dire situation they're covering.

The news media is so crazy, instead of taking a breath and waiting until something can be confirmed, they immediately report anything whether it's true or not. The media in this country is out of control and I don't care which side you're on politically. They act like the number one priority should be getting them information instead of, you know, authorities actually dealing with whatever dire situation they're covering.

This. Trust me when I say no one wants that campus released from SIP as much as UNC police and admin. It’s irresponsible reporting and at some point will get people hurt.

One faculty member shot and killed. This is why I’m easy. It’s not worth it.

Back