• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Repping the deacs

Reaction score
I was wearing a screamin demons tie-dye shirt on Saturday and got 4 "Go Deacs!" from strangers. Love it. Whenever I travel - airport, train, whatever - I always try to rep the deacs on some article of clothing for that exact purpose. I live in DC and it happens a lot, but ive also gotten it as far away as Europe. Anyone else do this/whats the most random/best place you've had someone shout "go deacs" at you? just curious.

A couple weekends ago, gave a 'Go Deacs' to an older gentleman at Hilton Head Island.

His first reaction was confusion, his second was to halfheartedly reply 'yeah'. THANKS, WELLMAN

Just a week ago I was driving around (Santa Monica, CA) and I found myself right behind a Lexus SUV with a Wake parking sticker. Like any normal human being would, I followed it around for a few minutes before finally giving up.

Was up in Boston at Labor Day and kept seeing this guy wearing a Wake shirt along the freedom trail. Let out a couple "Go Deacs!" but the guy didn't respond. Asshole.

Got one one night at a Salem Red Sox game in Salem, VA. I was wearing a Wake hat and was looking around to see who said it as I was going up the steps. Finally saw the guy and we talked for a minute.

I gave one to someone walking past the first green at The Master's on Friday morning. If you're a poster, identify yourself!

Happened a fair amount in St. Louis, happened to be on a walking tour in London c. 2005 where an alum's kid had on a deacon sweatshirt...I sometimes have to remind myself we live in the triad now as I am tempted in stores/parking lots, etc. to say something

I've actually gotten tired of saying "Go Deacs" to strangers wearing WF gear because invariably those people get confused or are blase whenever I say it. #historicallycompetitive

A couple weekends ago, gave a 'Go Deacs' to an older gentleman at Hilton Head Island.

His first reaction was confusion, his second was to halfheartedly reply 'yeah'. THANKS, WELLMAN

I was wearing a black Wake Forest Titleist hat at The Masters Saturday. While in the bathroom line, a guy said 'Go Deacs' to me and my response was the same as the older gentleman. I blame Wellman too; I would have fired back an immediate Go Deacs a few years ago. Honestly, I was just surprised and by the time I was going to say Go Deacs, it would have just been awkward.

Happened a fair amount in St. Louis, happened to be on a walking tour in London c. 2005 where an alum's kid had on a deacon sweatshirt...I sometimes have to remind myself we live in the triad now as I am tempted in stores/parking lots, etc. to say something

Yep, when we lived in TX, my first question to someone wearing Wake stuff was, "What year did you graduate?" Now in the triad, it's fairly commonplace.

I definitely call it out when I see it here in PDX (and everywhere, really), but last time I got burned. They guy had the hat gifted to him at a white elephant exchange and was wearing it that day because he didn't care if it got ruined :( :( :(

I would walk across the street to the opposite sidewalk to avoid someone wearing a Screamin' Demons t-shirt, even if I was in rural China and hadn't seen a Deacon fan in 50 years.

Met Daniel Green's grandmother walking into a Burke's Outlet in Jacksonville, NC.

She was dressed in WF from baseball cap to gold pants.

My dad met a football player's dad last week bc he had a Wake sticker on the back of his car. Even if Wellman sucks it's still cool to say hey to someone with Wake gear bc they almost always have a unique connection to the university.

Gave a Go Deacs shout to Raymond Floyd Jr at the Masters on Sunday and he responded, "Sure thing. Go Deacs!"

Also saw another guy on Sunday (I think, maybe Saturday) smoking a cigar and wearing Wake clothes. Gave a Go Deacs shout and after getting a strong return, gave a simple, "Buzz Out?" It took him a second but he responded, "Oh yeah, definitely yes!"

Seeing a Wake shirt in Australia was probably the furthest from Wake I've seen one.

Saw a spectator at the Monument Avenue 10k wearing a Wake sweatshirt. I yelled "Go Deacs!" and his group all started cheering for me.

Back