• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republicans for POTUS, 2016 Edition

You're way out of your depth on this one dude. Have you ever had to pay business property taxes on medical equipment? Didn't think so. That's not a Mac and a stapler; that shit will eat into your net income real fast.

Also, if he is self-employed surgeon getting a decent amount of his income from S-corp distributions, don't forget that employer-side payroll tax for his employees is already netted out within that S-corp, but is sure as hell a tax on him making his income.

We've been up close to 50% (and I think we went over one year) when comparing total taxes paid as a percentage of total taxable take-home income.

Lol. This reads like someone just found out what an s-corp is. No use arguing with someone who has no idea what they're talking about.

He is a tax lawyer. He doesn't know shit about anything else. But he is a tax lawyer.

I know, but it's such a ridiculously simplistic point that it's obviously just partisan argument - he has no idea what the guy's actual situation is and is just making stuff up- changing the argument to fit a narrative. No interest in that. The numbers don't lie, the statistics are simple to look up.

I know, but it's such a ridiculously simplistic point that it's obviously just partisan argument - he has no idea what the guy's actual situation is and is just making stuff up- changing the argument to fit a narrative. No interest in that. The numbers don't lie, the statistics are simple to look up.

He said he is a self-employed surgeon, there are only a few main ways to set it up that make sense. A self-employed medical professional is not exactly an uncommon situation in my line of work.

He said that he would repeal Obamacare and then in the same breath proposed Obamacare as his health care reform initiative. He also showed a fundamental lack of understanding in how the federal government's system of checks and balances works. Everything else was pretty standard (i.e., deporting anybody and everybody, stroking his massive China boner, etc.).

There are never going to be any specifics or depth of understanding. It's all force of personality that Trump will make everyone rich, China and Mexico will cower, and all will be good under Trump. It's kind of hard to listen to any more and isn't all that entertaining.

Most interesting part was how many magazines Trump keeps in his office. Not surprising that the walls are covered with framed covers, but Trump has a huge table (his desk?) nearly completely covered with multiple copies of magazines with Trump on the covers. Really weird hoarder egomaniac. Not all that surprising, but still disturbing.

He said that he would repeal Obamacare and then in the same breath proposed Obamacare as his health care reform initiative. He also showed a fundamental lack of understanding in how the federal government's system of checks and balances works. Everything else was pretty standard (i.e., deporting anybody and everybody, stroking his massive China boner, etc.).

He did say that the wall he wants to build will be a nice looking wall.

Trump also said he would renege on NAFTA. A Republican presidential candidate that is against free trade. Fun!

Also said there would be universal health care and that the government would pay the health care costs incurred by the poor. Also claimed a large segment of poor people would pay no taxes. Will be interesting to see how no NAFTA, universal health care, and no taxes for the poor will play among conservatives. Good thing he signed the pledge not to run as an independent.

Last edited:
Carly really looked like shit on Sunday morning, doubling down on the Planned Parenthood shit she made up.

She got called out on it a week ago by Chris Wallace on Fox and she's still sticking to her story. Fox has a beef with Trump, but Carly can't pretend Fox has it in for her.

If you say a lie enough times eventually you'll convince yourself that you're speaking the truth.

Seems relevant.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/missouri-planned-parenthood_56096738e4b0768126fe4143

Missouri Attorney General Finds No Evidence Planned Parenthood Mishandled Fetal Tissue

Sept 28 (Reuters) - An investigation in Missouri found no evidence that Planned Parenthood's St. Louis clinic mishandled fetal tissue or engaged in unlawful activity, Attorney General Chris Koster's office said on Monday.

Koster's office had launched an investigation after an anti-abortion group released videos over the summer alleging that Planned Parenthood in other states illegally sold fetal tissue.

"The evidence reviewed by my investigators supports Planned Parenthood's representation that fetal tissue is handled in accordance with Missouri law," Koster said in a news release. "We have discovered no evidence whatsoever to suggest that Planned Parenthood's St. Louis facility is selling fetal tissue."

That won't matter to the GOP.

Seems relevant.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/missouri-planned-parenthood_56096738e4b0768126fe4143

Missouri Attorney General Finds No Evidence Planned Parenthood Mishandled Fetal Tissue

Sept 28 (Reuters) - An investigation in Missouri found no evidence that Planned Parenthood's St. Louis clinic mishandled fetal tissue or engaged in unlawful activity, Attorney General Chris Koster's office said on Monday.

Koster's office had launched an investigation after an anti-abortion group released videos over the summer alleging that Planned Parenthood in other states illegally sold fetal tissue.

"The evidence reviewed by my investigators supports Planned Parenthood's representation that fetal tissue is handled in accordance with Missouri law," Koster said in a news release. "We have discovered no evidence whatsoever to suggest that Planned Parenthood's St. Louis facility is selling fetal tissue."

http://www.ogboards.com/forums/showthread.php/25016-The-Persuasive-Power-of-Falsehoods

Ted Cruz could absolutely crater the Republican party chances if he causes a government shut down during Christmas time.

Back