• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republicans for POTUS, 2016 Edition

Carson recants comments about American Muslims celebrating 9/11, blames media. http://www.politico.com/story/2015/11/ben-carson-muslims-911-216175?cmpid=sf

During a press availability earlier Monday in Nevada, a reporter asked Carson: “Dr. Carson, were American Muslims in New Jersey cheering on 9/11 when the towers fell?”

“Did you hear about that or see that?” the reporter asked, to which Carson said he had.

Asked to expand on that, Carson gave a generic response in which he said that there would always be people responding “inappropriately to virtually everything.”

“I saw the film of it, yeah,” Carson said. “In New Jersey?” another reporter asked, to which Carson replied in the affirmative, adding that he had seen the film of people celebrating, “the newsreels.”

Last edited:
There was no coverage of it? Nothing?

My Facebook crazies were all about a CNN report with Anderson Cooper about these two Muslim dudes shouting outside a mosque in New York as proof that Trump and Carson were telling the truth.

Except that Carson already recanted his story. Which version is true? Like many people, Carson saw footage of people celebrating in the Middle East. Trump has repeatedly claimed he saw TV footage of celebrations in Jersey City, which conveniently disappeared even though it's only 14 years old. Did W, Cheney, and Rudy conspire to destroy TV footage? Trump's also the only one who claimed "thousands and thousands" of Muslims in Jersey City celebrated. Trump's been given multiple chances to back down, but he refuses. Carson's revised explanation makes sense, but Trump can't even go that far. Trump knows that 30% of the GOP will defend him at all costs, no matter how absurd his claims are.

Can't stand Hillary, but will reluctantly vote for her. Would consider voting for Rubio, Kasich, Christie, or Jeb if the GOP were a functional political party (40+ Obamacare repeal votes?!?) or three Supreme Court Justices weren't in play. That doesn't mean I'd ever overlook or excuse HRC's many problems. Trump and Carson have made multiple ridiculous and untrue assertions but they still have legions of apologists who claim they're merely victims of a biased media.

Blame it on the liberal media.

and then he actually did that

Trump slams 'failing and totally biased New York Times'

On Wednesday, Kovaleski's current employer, the New York Times, slammed Trump for ridiculing "the appearance of one of [their] reporters." Kovaleski suffers from a congenital joint disease. But on Thursday, Trump said he had no idea about Kovaleski's disease.

"I have no idea who this reporter, Serge Kovalski [sic] is, what he looks like or his level of intelligence," Trump wrote in a statement posted to his Twitter account Thursday. "I don't know if he is J.J. Watt or Muhammad Ali in his prime — or somebody of less athletic or physical ability."

"Somebody at the financially failing and totally biased New York Times said that, over the years, I have met Kovaleski. Despite having one of the all-time great memories I certainly do not remember him," he added.

Carly Fiorina on with Chris Wallace. She truly is unpleasant. At 4% in Iowa and NH after peaking at low double digits after Trump bashed her appearance. Went on a lengthy tirade about how Trump keeps getting media coverage and then slammed Trump over bashing the disabled reporter, presumably to pick up some of her own coverage. GOP definitely could use a female VP, but she'd be as likable as Cheney. Susana Martinez or Nikki Haley would both be better governing and electoral picks.

Trump abruptly cancels black clergy press conference

The campaign originally announced the press conference in a press release on Wednesday, writing, “Trump will be joined by a coalition of 100 African American Evangelical pastors and religious leaders who will endorse the GOP front-runner after a private meeting at Trump Tower.”

But some of those listed as invitees quickly took to social media to condemn the billionaire businessman. Detroit pastor Corletta Vaughn called Trump “an insult and embarrassment” in a Wednesday Facebook post.

Oops.

That wasn't a "premature announcement of endorsements." The Trump campaign flat out lied and said people who had accepted invitations were planning to endorse.

Trump's entering the second week claiming he saw thousands and thousands of Muslims celebrating in Jersey City on TV on 9/11. The only thing he's backed off on is that it may have been Patterson, NJ. He's been asked pointed blank multiple times if he confused the images with Gaza and he's adament it was in New Jersey. He's also been asked why there isn't any video of what he claims he saw on TV. If the video never materializes, Trump's hosed. He'll have to claim vast left wing and moderate conservative media conspiracy to destroy Trump's campaign. Tape's probably with the Michelle Obama whitey tape or what Trump's people found in Hawaii about Obama's phony birth certificate. Is this truly the best GOP candidate to run against Honest HRC?!?

So many folks down in SC don't really care if the tape exists or not. They are all in with Trump and nothing else matters.

Like so many other things, we are blind to the truth down here.

http://youtu.be/TLDnzzNsdMU

This guy is Trump's attack dog lawyer. For an attorney, he doesn't know jack shit about proof. Same guy claimed earlier that a husband can't rape his wife in reference to a claim from Trump's first wife in a book. Cohen earlier acknowledged that he personally believes Obama was born in America, so that's a tacit acknowledgement that St Trump can occasionally be wrong.

Cohen says Muslins celebrated in Brooklyn too. Why hasn't video surfaced? Christie and other NJ 'Pubs have denied it. Rudy hasn't come to Trump's defense. The Michelle Obama Whitey tape never surfaced. Trump refuses to discuss the bithers anymore. Take the L and move on. Far more likely that more evidence of Trump's prior meetings with the reporter will surface before video of a TV report that Trump adamantly claims he saw on 9/11. Interesting coming attraction of Trump's administration. Say something stupid and untrue, provide zero evidence to back it up, claim victimhood, and cite Twitter as proof Trump was right. Eight years of making America great again.

Trump and Cruz may end up being the GOP nominee or even the ticket. Kind of amazing that Trump's best known for putting ambitious up and comers or has been through ridiculous hoops in a crappy reality show and now Trump and Cruz are going through the same thing.

Trump's been a big swinging dick in NYC for 30 years and he and his crack team can't find a video from one of the most historic days in American history in the country's media capital. Trump's not used to being challenged and can't stand being questioned, but nobody forced him to add in very specific details that were patently false. Now his flunkies are blaming everyone but their fearless leader.

Cruz was slightly shocked that Trump managed to get to the right of him on immigration. The Apprentice will have to take on the Donald directly and Trump will crush him like a bug. Cruz's best image of the campaign so far was getting shut down by one of Huckabee's low level flunkies when he desperately wanted to get on stage with Kim Davis.

Teenage Bubba elbowed his way past dozens of earnest high school Boy's State kids to shake hands with JFK. Was painfukly obvious in '92 that Bill had fucked around on Hillary more than once, but he still got elected. Trump and Cruz will be taken down for far more trivial things. If they somehow win the nomination, charmless HRC would beat both.

Jeb and Kasich haven't been able to knock off Trump when taking him on directly. Cruz won't either. Christie can slap Trump around quite a bit. Carson's done, so it comes down to Trump vs Cruz in Iowa and Trump vs the establishment in NH. Whichever of Rubio, Christie, Kasich, and Jeb does best in Iowa gets a chance to take down Trump in NH. Rubio is running ahead of the others in Iowa, but Christie has a better chance to take Trump out in NH. Can't see Trump staying in the race after two consecutive losses and can't see him running as an independent if he loses early.

Warning: This story is extremely cringe inducing. I never knew how much I loved Hamas with baby carrots.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/12/trump-carson-flop-jewish-republicans-216411

Donald Trump joked about Jewish stereotypes, declined to affirm his support for a united Jerusalem, and told his audience they wouldn’t back him because he did not want their money. Reading from a prepared text, Ben Carson repeatedly pronounced the name of the Palestinian group “Hamas” as if it were a delicious spread made with chickpeas.

The performance of these two outsider candidates left attendees at Thursday’s summit of the Republican Jewish Coalition amused, but not impressed. With the RJC, an influential group of donors and activists that prioritizes American policy toward Israel, the retired neurosurgeon and the businessman faced a more politically sophisticated crowd than either is used to, and one more concerned with the nuances of foreign policy.

“I don’t think either one helped themselves particularly,” said Ari Fleischer, former White House press secretary to George W. Bush, who attended the event.

While many agreed with much of the substance of his Carson’s speech, the neurosurgeon’s decision to read from a prepared text and his repeated mispronunciations of “Hamas” only reinforced the perceptions of those in the hall that he does not fully grasp the complicated dynamics of the Middle East.

Trump took a risk by winking at Jewish stereotypes, telling the crowd, “I’m a negotiator like you, folks,” and, “Is there anyone in this room who doesn’t negotiate deals? Probably more than any room I’ve ever spoken.” But throwing out political correctness worked for Trump here as it has throughout his campaign and the audience received the jokes warmly.

Warning: This story is extremely cringe inducing. I never knew how much I loved Hamas with baby carrots.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/12/trump-carson-flop-jewish-republicans-216411

Donald Trump joked about Jewish stereotypes, declined to affirm his support for a united Jerusalem, and told his audience they wouldn’t back him because he did not want their money. Reading from a prepared text, Ben Carson repeatedly pronounced the name of the Palestinian group “Hamas” as if it were a delicious spread made with chickpeas.

The performance of these two outsider candidates left attendees at Thursday’s summit of the Republican Jewish Coalition amused, but not impressed. With the RJC, an influential group of donors and activists that prioritizes American policy toward Israel, the retired neurosurgeon and the businessman faced a more politically sophisticated crowd than either is used to, and one more concerned with the nuances of foreign policy.

“I don’t think either one helped themselves particularly,” said Ari Fleischer, former White House press secretary to George W. Bush, who attended the event.

While many agreed with much of the substance of his Carson’s speech, the neurosurgeon’s decision to read from a prepared text and his repeated mispronunciations of “Hamas” only reinforced the perceptions of those in the hall that he does not fully grasp the complicated dynamics of the Middle East.

Trump took a risk by winking at Jewish stereotypes, telling the crowd, “I’m a negotiator like you, folks,” and, “Is there anyone in this room who doesn’t negotiate deals? Probably more than any room I’ve ever spoken.” But throwing out political correctness worked for Trump here as it has throughout his campaign and the audience received the jokes warmly.

I lol'd when I read this and thought it couldn't be that bad. It's pretty bad.

The war against:

5680600620_8fce555b17.jpg

Back