• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republicans for POTUS, 2016 Edition

The press release that Trump just put out is the kind of insane right wing horseshit that I thought used to be the realm of ultra fringe parties in Europe. But no, that is the current leader for the presidential nomination of THE MOTHERFUCKING REPUBLICAN PARTY.

The adults in that party, if there are any left (I can't say anything on this topic, I left the party six years ago), need to stand up immediately and put an end to this fucking nonsense - and if they can't, then we're in serious fucking trouble because the lunatics have fully taken over the asylum.

Hell, Obama has been a "GOP Establishment" president already. The death of the left side of the Democratic Party is another story for another thread.

The fact that basically a guy who would not be out of place running as the candidate for a fucking neo-fascist fringe European party is somehow leading the Republican polls is just so mind boggling though ... my god in heaven.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/07/politics/ted-cruz-donald-trump-iowa-poll/

One theory is that Trump overreacted to the earlier Iowa poll showing him trailing Cruz. The whole concept of barring entry to all Muslins is insane. There are 1.5B Muslims worldwide and Trump would bar entry to Muslim CEOs who want to expand their business in the US?

I'm pretty close to an "establishment Republican" if such a thing still existed. I left the party because I felt it was being overrun by anti-science and anti-factbasedsolutions lunatics ... and that was 6 years ago.

I'm not sticking up for him as he is his own worst enemy and certainly do not agree with him but he did say until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on," a campaign press release said.

This could be 1 day or 1 week but as soon as I heard it I knew how it would be reported. It's crazy enough to attack and discuss without the hyperbole

What is there to figure out? Does he have evidence of an ongoing threat?

Or is he just playing on the xenophobia and religious hatred of many voters?

What is there to figure out? Does he have evidence of an ongoing threat?

Or is he just playing on the xenophobia and religious hatred of many voters?

I think the concern is she came in on a visa and was "vetted" by a thorough process that didn't discover her address was non existent. It concerning when we are told we are silly to be concerned about refugees from Syria bc we have an exhaustive vetting process.

Ph do you think if we are really nice Isis and radical Islam will forgive us and leave us alone ?

Do you think the last attack was a one off? Everyone knew it was coming to the US but we were told how phobic we are and that to think that was so uneducated. Now are we to believe there is no concern ? Or do you feel because there has been terrorism by Christians than we should be ok with radical jihadist coming here?

I think the concern is she came in on a visa and was "vetted" by a thorough process that didn't discover her address was non existent. It concerning when we are told we are silly to be concerned about refugees from Syria bc we have an exhaustive vetting process.

Ph do you think if we are really nice Isis and radical Islam will forgive us and leave us alone ?

Do you think the last attack was a one off? Everyone knew it was coming to the US but we were told how phobic we are and that to think that was so uneducated. Now are we to believe there is no concern ? Or do you feel because there has been terrorism by Christians than we should be ok with radical jihadist coming here?

So many strawmen, so little time.

Keeping any group of people out of this country solely on account of their religion for any period of time is blatantly unconstitutional and disgusting. It's indefensible 89 and you know that.

Paul Ryan's official response when asked about Trump's Muslim remarks "no comment."

Alrighty then.

Keeping any group of people out of this country solely on account of their religion for any period of time is blatantly unconstitutional and disgusting. It's indefensible 89 and you know that.

I don't disagree with you. But nobody can argue that we are being lied too by this administration that they have any type of handle on this situation. It's utter incompetence and it's scary.

Weeks ago many here said they were very comfortable with the exhaustive vetting process and any thought to the contrary was silly at best and islamaphobic at worst. Now we get a snap shot of this amazing process weeks later and find out they couldn't even verify an address. What a fucking joke

I don't disagree with you. But nobody can argue that we are being lied too by this administration that they have any type of handle on this situation. It's utter incompetence and it's scary.

Weeks ago many here said they were very comfortable with the exhaustive vetting process and any thought to the contrary was silly at best and islamaphobic at worst. Now we get a snap shot of this amazing process weeks later and find out they couldn't even verify an address. What a fucking joke

Many argued that any terrorist would enter the country through the many routes easier than the refugee process. I have no idea what you are arguing here.

Yeah the argument was that to get here as a refugee was pointless because you could come any number of other ways, such as marriage visa, or much simple tourist visa, then pick up some guns and pew pew pew if anything the attack proves the point about refugees

Yeah the argument was that to get here as a refugee was pointless because you could come any number of other ways, such as marriage visa, or much simple tourist visa, then pick up some guns and pew pew pew if anything the attack proves the point about refugees

Oh you mean the point where because there are easier ways to get in then don't worry about it ?

Back