• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republicans Shut Down the Federal Government Again & Suffer Humiliating Defeat

It also helps to drive away otherwise competent people from public service at the federal-level, either directly (see iptb's post) or indirectly since even the most dedicated, altruistic public servants have a limit on the bs they can put up with.

This is the more insidious, decades-long play the GOP has made against our federal institutions: demonize, degrade, and disrespect the talent pool to erode from within the agencies' capacities to function effectively.

This is the truth and I wish every that every Federal employee at least would realize what is happening to them.

Even their own crazy short term bill just failed in the house so there’s no way anything is happening before a shutdown.

If Biden will do the same…such a genuine effort to empathize with government employees.

[edit…stupid spell checker]

So what’s up with Rep Jamaal Bowman pulling the fire alarm? I still haven’t figured out why he was trying to stop or delay the vote.

So what’s up with Rep Jamaal Bowman pulling the fire alarm? I still haven’t figured out why he was trying to stop or delay the vote.
I read that the Democrats wanted the senate version passed first with Ukraine spending in it so that the overt act would be for the house GQP to remove it rather than the overt act being Senate Dems shutting the government down by adding the Ukraine spending.

I read that the Democrats wanted the senate version passed first with Ukraine spending in it so that the overt act would be for the house GQP to remove it rather than the overt act being Senate Dems shutting the government down by adding the Ukraine spending.
That seems like self-important nonsense.

I read it was an attempt to delay the vote so members would have time to read the bill they were considering…?

Back