• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Respect & Patriotism vs. Free Speech & Protest

So one entity buying goods from another entity makes them interrelated? Well I'll be damned. I bought a sandwich today at lunch from Harris Teeter ($3.99 last day of the month footlong ftw), I should have known I'm now interrelated to Harris Teeter, Boars Head, Hellmans, and whoever made the bread. Makes sense.

I'll play along.

You completely trusted Harris Teeter, Boards Head, Hellman's, and the baker and put something inside yourself that they made. It could make you ill or even kill you. I'd say that you are interrelated.

So one entity buying goods from another entity makes them interrelated? Well I'll be damned. I bought a sandwich today at lunch from Harris Teeter ($3.99 last day of the month footlong ftw), I should have known I'm now interrelated to Harris Teeter, Boars Head, Hellmans, and whoever made the bread. Makes sense.

Just so we're clear, you're equating a paramilitary, state government entity and its inherent embedded relationship with the federal government to you buying a sandwich? That's your argument?

Just so we're clear, you're equating a paramilitary, state government entity and its inherent embedded relationship with the federal government to you buying a sandwich? That's your argument?

Seriously? Just say "I hate analogies" and be done with it.

Damn.

Its one of his more asinine metaphors. Oil goes bad over time and needs to be changed, so I thought he intended for the behavior of blacks to be the oil, and therefore they needed to change their behavior to not be victims of racism any longer. If so, that is the most fucked up thing I have read in a long time, and he is totally serious.

Maybe he meant the racists are the oil that needs changing, and protesting them is not going make them go away, so blacks need to change their behavior to make them not be racists.

I can't decide which is more fucked up. :rulz:

I.t.t. we learn that wnb still does not understand scale, or thinks only one problem impacts black Americans, or both.
Eta: Also, do you look forward to the day when you respect black people enough to disagree with them out loud?

Last edited:
I have no idea what any of that means. I agreed with Charlotte the tweeter so therefore I disrespect her? Lol

Silly man. Black people cannot be wrong about issues involving race.

Which, in this case delightfully includes what white people are thinking.

What W&B seems to believe is that he and his cohorts can broadcast an unpunctuated stream of insulting low expectations (as communicated through the way they choose to make and implement policies) and we're all supposed to accept their contradictory assurances that they respect the dignity and ability of people they pretend to care about. We're all supposed to accept---without question---that systemic racism/police brutality/the third verse of the national anthem causes 75% single parent births, plurality labor participation and epidemic high school drop out rates. If you are so fearful of discussing anything other than the role of racism, it's increasingly hard to believe you respect (and just as much, care) about the dignity of people. A fear to criticize (constructively) betrays an absence of respect.

Last edited:
At least this thread can put to rest the argument that there is no anger like the type shown by liberals towards black conservatives. A black man who dares to suggest that the US isn't utopia DURING A SPORTING EVENT drives conservatives fucking insane.

Last edited:
At least this thread can put to rest the argument that there is no anger like the type shown by liberals towards black conservatives. The anger shown towards a black man who dares to suggest that the US isn't utopia DURING A SPORTING EVENT drives conservatives fucking insane.

Before we hang that banner, has any poster approached RJ's avuncular epithet, hurled at a sitting SCOTUS justice? Because that's probably still the leader in the clubhouse.

Which, in this case delightfully includes what white people are thinking.

What W&B seems to believe is that he and his cohorts can broadcast an unpunctuated stream of insulting low expectations (as communicated through the way they choose to make and implement policies) and we're all supposed to accept their contradictory assurances that they respect the dignity and ability of people they pretend to care about. We're all supposed to accept---without question---that systemic racism/police brutality/the third verse of the national anthem causes 75% single parent births, plurality labor participation and epidemic high school drop out rates. If you are so fearful of discussing anything other than the role of racism, it's increasingly hard to believe you respect (and just as much, care) about the dignity of people. A fear to criticize (constructively) betrays an absence of respect.

Getting stodgy conservatives to begrudgingly acknowledge racism (this post before your edit with the *sigh, racism*) means that some of these protests are starting to work.

Getting stodgy conservatives to begrudgingly acknowledge racism (this post before your edit with the *sigh, racism*) means that some of these protests are starting to work.

Good point.

Race-baiting has been "working" for the Democrat party for a very long time, and will continue to work for the foreseeable future. Turnout and fidelity remain very high.

When does it start to "work" for black people?

Back