• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Restaurants in WS

lot of love for Mozelle's on here. Don't think it was around when I last lived in WS. What is Tate's?

lot of love for Mozelle's on here. Don't think it was around when I last lived in WS. What is Tate's?

Tates is the best bar in Winston. Amazing cocktails. If you like whiskey get the whiskey smash. Take a woman with you and have her order the blackbird julep so you can taste it... unless you want to hand over your man card for the evening then you can order it. They have a bitchin blue cheese martini. Basically, every drink I have ever had there kicks ass... as they should for about $10+ each.

As for restaurants, I don't really have a favorite right now. I like noma, but it is not amazing by any standard. I hated Meridian... great service, great ambiance, flavor was lacking for me. Bernardins down town is always a solid option. I have been wanting to get out to Fabians, but my girlfriend is a little picky so I'm on the fence about trying it.

If you don't want to go downtown, Bleu is always good (owned by the same folks as Bernardins). They have an awesome martini.

If I had to pick the best martini at winston not at a "Bar" I'd pick bleu. Noma is a close second. Before Ombu closed, they would have won for food drinks for me. The owner reopened Ombu is the kitchen table, but I haven't been yet.

Summary:
Drinks: Tates - Hands down
Food: Noma, Bernardins, Bleu

Back