• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

TBF - Cahill is one of the best headers of the ball in the world, and really there are very few teams that like to play in the air in this tournament.

Chile just looks like they went to asleep at about the 30 minute mark. See if they wake back up.

Aussie won't win this game. The point is more about what Chile does when they face a team that can play AND boss them physically. We're talking about a team that gave up 25 goals in qualifying. They finished 3rd and were close to break even on GF/GA.

Oh, they can't win the whole thing. I think they can make QF's though - their athleticism and the pace they play at will be tough for a lot of teams to handle in the heat, I believe. But yeah, Bravo and those CB's are "shaky" on balls in the air (to put it kindly).

Oh, they can't win the whole thing. I think they can make QF's though - their athleticism and the pace they play at will be tough for a lot of teams to handle in the heat, I believe. But yeah, Bravo and those CB's are "shaky" on balls in the air (to put it kindly).

Agreed. QF is probaby a good limit.

Aussies seem well coached -- have a good gameplan. Chile overcomplicating things

Man I am still in shock over that Spain drubbing. Totally crazy world Cup so far. Looking forward to England/Italy tomorrow.

I forgot to mention that white shirts carry bad mojo for Spain. Meant to post that at kickoff when talking about why they had to wear them. Looks like it continues.

Mike Tirico is one talented guy. I've enjoyed what I've heard from him today. He just moves so seamlessly between sports.

I didn't know Kobe was at the game.

So Costa, RVP, Robben and Kobe.

That's a Mount Rushmore of assholes.

What has Robin van Persie ever done to you?!?!?

Mike Tirico is one talented guy. I've enjoyed what I've heard from him today. He just moves so seamlessly between sports.

Best commentator in American sports and it's not even close.

Bob Costas can fuck off.

Not feeling these Men in Blazers however. Too much effort to be funny, and not actually funny.
I like this UK chick however.

Back