• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Fab was awesome but I'm still upset he didn't yell at Cameron to let him know Varela was making that run behind him.

Jones was MOTM and it's not even close

Also, shoutout to Beasley who aside from a rough 1st 45 against Ghana(you can argue that the Germans had as much or more trouble with Atsu than Beasley did) has been outstanding. Definitely did not expect this level of play from him. You can argue he should have gone for a clear out tackle on Ronaldo to stop the attack that led to the goal, but it's Ronaldo. High probability that Ronaldo evades him and is 1 on 1 with the GK.

Yeah Da Beaz has played pretty well in the last 135 minutes or so. Definitely not the weak link we all feared.

Also, shoutout to Beasley who aside from a rough 1st 45 against Ghana(you can argue that the Germans had as much or more trouble with Atsu than Beasley did) has been outstanding. Definitely did not expect this level of play from him. You can argue he should have gone for a clear out tackle on Ronaldo to stop the attack that led to the goal, but it's Ronaldo. High probability that Ronaldo evades him and is 1 on 1 with the GK.

He played that right. If he approaches CR7 and doesn't win the tackle, there's a fairly clear path to goal. Keeping him held up and forcing the cross was the correct decision. Not his fault that the 5 guys in the penalty area couldn't mark one.

He played that right. If he approaches CR7 and doesn't win the tackle, there's a fairly clear path to goal. Keeping him held up and forcing the cross was the correct decision. Not his fault that the 5 guys in the penalty area couldn't mark one.

Agreed. It's a hindsight argument.

Has anyone seen a straight on replay of the Nani shot that gave Howard trouble and went off the post and forced Howard into that sweet, diving reaction save from the follow up? Been wanting to see if that had some funky action on it or if Howard just misplayed it that badly.

Thought this was pretty entertaining:

WorldCupFlowchart_NEW_l6v3385x_txk68erv.jpg

Has anyone seen a straight on replay of the Nani shot that gave Howard trouble and went off the post and forced Howard into that sweet, diving reaction save from the follow up? Been wanting to see if that had some funky action on it or if Howard just misplayed it that badly.

His momentum was just taking him too far the other way and he couldn't get back to the ball.

Looks like sd3 was one of the lucky ones on the AO trip that got completely fucked over and spent almost an extra day in Manaus.

At the airport. The whole time. Sounds like AO and their boys they funnel travel business to fucked up beyond all belief.

Looks like sd3 was one of the lucky ones on the AO trip that got completely fucked over and spent almost an extra day in Manaus.

At the airport. The whole time. Sounds like AO and their boys they funnel travel business to fucked up beyond all belief.

Jesus.....that blows.

AO secretly is pretty damn shitty.

Nah sd3 was on my plane, we left Manaus at 5 am yesterday and got back to the hotel around 10:30ish AM

Plane 2 got back at 6:30ish PM, left at noon I think i heard.

Nah sd3 was on my plane, we left Manaus at 5 am yesterday and got back to the hotel around 10:30ish AM

So jealous...

I saw some of the pictures of the airport gates and it looked like a disaster. So there is a group of 14 people stuck in some other country besides Brazil right now, trying to get back into the country? Also, was every American in Manaus part of the AO group or did lots of people make their own arrangements?

Back