• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

I'd bring both Beasley and Shea in to cover left back, and let Fabian move into that midfield role left by Morales. Dump Garza to create the extra roster spot.

No besler?

@BrianSciaretta: Klinsmann makes 3 changes to the roster: Damarcus Beasley, Joe Corona, & Alan Gordan added. Altidore, Morales, & Garza leave the team #usmnt

Failing to bolster the central defense given Brooks's suspension and Alvarado's suckitude is just unconscionable. If not Besler then at least bring on Orozco.
Beasley will let Fab move to either RB to replace the equally suck Chandler or to LM to bolster the attack. Trouble is, we need him to do both at the same time. I'm excited to have DMB but sobering that he's not a long term solution.
Could more changes be coming or is that definitely it?

Agreed on not bringing in Besler as another option. So it's likey Ream tha slides into Brooks' spot. Does he leave in Alvarado, who admittedly had a better 2nd half (though not hard to improve off an abysmal 1st half) or bring in Gonzalez as well?

I think this is what we see

Guzan
Johnson - Gonzalez - Ream - Beasley
Yedlin - Beckerman - Bradley - Bedoya (or Corona if he's not fit)
Deuce - Zardes

Fab and Yedlin down a flank together could cause lots of sides fits. So much pace.

Bedoya looked fit to me. He may need a sub late, but he can certainly start at least and play most of the match. I might go Johansson over Zardes but I like it otherwise.

Jamaica beats El Salvador 1-0 to win Group B. Jamaica will play Haiti in the bottom half of our draw.

Just got home from a meeting and turned on the TV. Anything at stake in Canada/Costa Rica? (Obviously will not pull for Costa Rica because Joel Campbell, but not sure of the stakes for knockout purposes.)

Just got home from a meeting and turned on the TV. Anything at stake in Canada/Costa Rica? (Obviously will not pull for Costa Rica because Joel Campbell, but not sure of the stakes for knockout purposes.)

Yeah, a Canada win and they advance. Anything less and they're likely out.

Ouch, Costa Rica with a goal line clearance with 10' remaining. That would have put Canada through.

So if there's a winner in Guat/Cuba, they go through and we play them, and if those two tie El Sal goes through and we get them.
Do I have that right?

Back