• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Whole team has played well. Some performances better than others but nobody played poorly. Guys like Villa, Bradley, Gonxo, Altidore and others who have been poor were good for us today.

Bradley hasn't been poor at all IMO. Nagbe offers us possession that only Pulisic can match. Huge and our best player for the tournament IMO

Huge match from Howard and Deuce tonight

What we learned:

If Dempsey is willing to accept this super sub role, it could be a game changer for us
Bradley is still this team's metronome and FUCK THE HATERZ
Zusi sucks, and should never again see the field as a RB for the US
Tim Howard is still Tim Howard. Beast.
Matt Besler is a lock for Russia. Omar isn't and is just isn't good enough.
Nagbe, I'll say it again, gives this team something no other player does, including Pulisic. The man should always be in our starting XI.

Love Nagbe. A good Championship or poor Premiership/Bundesliga team should give him a look

To be fair, you did say "kind of" dunzo. So you left yourself with some wiggle room.

Best game of the Gold Cup for the US and it's not even close. Nagbe impressed the hell out of me last night. Tim Howard is still Tim Howard. Dempsey was AMAZING. The Set Pieces goal was IMPOSSIBLE. The heel flick and pass up to Jozy was nothing short of brilliant.

Official Christian Pulisic / World Cup 2018 Thread (USA win group A; vs. El Sal Wed)

I get your joke but even 6th isn't "poor" when there are 20 teams in the division. Back to the drawing board for you, my friend.

It's also a "not United quality" joke. Which might be even funnier.

If the World Cup started tomorrow:

Howard
Yedlin, Cameron, Brooks, Villafana
Bradley, Acosta
Nagbe, Pulisic, F. Johnson
Altidore

If the World Cup started tomorrow:

Howard
Yedlin, Cameron, Brooks, Villafana
Bradley, Acosta
Nagbe, Pulisic, F. Johnson
Altidore

Yeah probably. Acosta and Villafana the biggest question marks for me. I'd prefer FJ at LB and someone else in mid but idk who off the top of my head.

Mckenzie Gaines will probably break into our A team between now and then so it'll change. Watch and see

Back