• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Philosophical question: If we win tonight, does the fact we called up a bunch of A-listers for the knockout rounds diminish the victory?

Philosophical question: If we win tonight, does the fact we called up a bunch of A-listers for the knockout rounds diminish the victory?

No. This team has 3, maybe 4 (Depending on how you view Nagbe), likely starters in Russia and maybe 7-8 likely to see the field in Russia.

It is still very much a B team.

Rather bring him in as an impact sub. He looks so visibly tired going anywhere between 75-90min.

Agreed. I like DC's lineup, although a 4-4-2 seems more likely

Altidore-Morris
Nagbe-Acosta-Bradley-Arriola
Villafana-Besler-Gonzo-Lichaj
Howard

Remember Arriola only played 60-65 mins on Sunday.

I still think Deuce starts tonight

clint-dempsey-bitchface.jpg

#neverforget

Did you end up getting MetLife Super Bowl tix Jehovah?

That was kinda lame you were trying to mooch money off of us. But hope you got to go given the outcome

God EST sucks so hard when the game is on the west coast

How did I use to do these late games before Central Time?

Did you end up getting MetLife Super Bowl tix Jehovah?

That was kinda lame you were trying to mooch money off of us. But hope you got to go given the outcome

It was lame for sure. I don't feel great about it. My brother pulled the trigger on tickets at the last second and (on my teacher salary) was desperate to try and join him, so I tried everything I could to scrape together funds. I did not end up getting to go.

Gonna have to wait til next time around, and if it comes to pass, I'll make sure I'm self-funded haha

Maybe it's counter-intuitive, but I'd rather see Dempsey come in against some tired legs than Morris, even though Morris is the one with speed. Dempsey has the ability to put himself (and others) in a position to take advantage of those tired legs.

Let Altidore absorb abuse. Let Morris run some guys around. Let Deuce come in and get the win and the record.

Back