• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Bocanegra has a leadership role in the shitshow that is currently US Soccer. Landon Donovan was effed over by US Soccer (by extension), would have netted us into the QFs in 2014, and is a gotdammed American icon.

Mexico isn't the enemy of soccer in the US. US Soccer is.

I don't mind Donovan rooting for Mexico and cashing in on it, however telling an American of Mexican heritage that he should be rooting for his parents homeland is a little much.

Bocanegra has a leadership role in the shitshow that is currently US Soccer. Landon Donovan was effed over by US Soccer (by extension), would have netted us into the QFs in 2014, and is a gotdammed American icon.

Mexico isn't the enemy of soccer in the US. US Soccer is.

That's fair, but I don't think it's the issue here many have with him. Landon telling Bocanegra how to feel about Mexicans as he cashes checks for "supporting" their soccer team rings a bit hollow.

That's fair, but I don't think it's the issue here many have with him. Landon telling Bocanegra how to feel about Mexicans as he cashes checks for "supporting" their soccer team rings a bit hollow.

Agreed, but I don't mind Landon doing a commercial rooting for Mexico - dude was 1 of our best ever. I don't generally root for Mexico as much as I do for Costa Rica. That said, let's go Mexico and pull off this upset.

Meh, Mexico doesn't really feel like our enemy anymore. Thanks, Trump.

Huge, brave win over a much superior Germany. I'm impressed.

I hate the USSF more than I hate El Tri and the hate is impacting my decision making.

I don't mind Donovan rooting for Mexico and cashing in on it, however telling an American of Mexican heritage that he should be rooting for his parents homeland is a little much.

100% agree with this. I guess it's today's america where everything has to be so clear cut decisive and 'on board' with one viewpoint. I actually saw the commercial during the matches and thought it was hilarious.

Normally I would never root for Mexico, but I've found myself this WC cheering for all the concacaf. In large part, due to wanting them to have a good showing and have the federation being better the reason why we're not in the WC instead of 'we just suck' being the reason.

if for no other reason, the fact that it might mildly annoy Donald Trump for Mexico to shine on the world stage is sufficient to pull for El Tri

if for no other reason, the fact that it might mildly annoy Donald Trump for Mexico to shine on the world stage is sufficient to pull for El Tri

Meh. I think I'm back on the Mexican HATE train after watching that narco cunt Marquez run around for 15 mins. I'll be rooting for him to blow his knee out in the next match he comes into.

ALL IN ON MY SWEDES

Y'alls hate for Trump justifying not hating El Tri is laughable. Related: you can hate them both, a lot.

Back