• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

I came away from last night really wishing we had played Chile first. Rolling out the 2nd team against a much better team felt like a missed opportunity.

Also, we should stop getting hurt. I feel like that would help us, long-term.

Couldn't watch the match but by the highlights it looks like Pulisic probably should have scored one, maybe two more.

On the goal, Zardes meant to settle that ball in front of him but he had a bad touch which made him look like a genius.

Bradley played some great through balls.

Puli had a super heavy touch shortly after his goal that probably would have resulted in another goal, had he controlled it properly.

Puli had a super heavy touch shortly after his goal that probably would have resulted in another goal, had he controlled it properly.

Yeah, he blew by a defender but his touch was a bit too far and the keeper smothered. Then he received at the penalty spot off a Baird cross and probably should have one timed it on goal. It was a touch behind him, but could have done better.

Truth be told that’s prolly as good as we could hope for. Particularly when evaluating the difficulty of away venues.

Given that, at this point, nothing is a given when it comes to this team and results.

Truth be told that’s prolly as good as we could hope for. Particularly when evaluating the difficulty of away venues.

Given that, at this point, nothing is a given when it comes to this team and results.

I know FIFA rankings mean nothing, but Canada was the 2nd best team in pot B and Cuba the 2nd best team in pot C. Canada will be an easier road trip than Panama, T&T (jesus) and Haiti, however. We would have curb stomped any of the other pot 3 teams and it would have been an awesome vacation to go along with it.

Pretty lazy list, IMO. They really just named anyone under 23 who has been called up to the NT. We have some really exciting 17-19 year olds that should have been on there.

I dont think there are any 17-19 yo that will make an appearance this year though.

I'm cool with that, I think Weah has a shot to sneak in there too. I think by the end of the year, the De le Fuente kid from Barca will have a full speed ahead hype train. I'm buying more and more into just forgetting about anyone over 27/28 years old and going all in on 2026. We have a lost generation right now that should be in their primes, doing absolutely nothing.

RIP CD9, Stu Holden, Brek Shea, Boyd, Gyau, Gil, Adu (lol), I'm just spit balling names here.

I'm cool with that, I think Weah has a shot to sneak in there too. I think by the end of the year, the De le Fuente kid from Barca will have a full speed ahead hype train. I'm buying more and more into just forgetting about anyone over 27/28 years old and going all in on 2026. We have a lost generation right now that should be in their primes, doing absolutely nothing.

RIP CD9, Stu Holden, Brek Shea, Boyd, Gyau, Gil, Adu (lol), I'm just spit balling names here.

2012 squad that failed to qualify for the olympics, 0 current national team players

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_CONCACAF_Men's_Olympic_Qualifying_Tournament_Squads#United_States

Back