• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A!

Just got out of testing and turned my laptop on. Come on you Yanks! Pumped to watch the highlights.

Seems like Tab maybe deserved an actual interview for the big gig

Happy to be wrong! Definitely a gutsy and gritty result!

Scott looked very suspect on both French goals, would like to have seen Ochoa in there. Hopefully he gets the start in the quarters.

Outside of that, its hard to see who played well, and didn't, from the 2:30 minute highlight clip I just watched.

Who stood out beside Soto? How was Keita? How did the MF of Paxton, Servania and Ledesma do? Give me some scouting reports guys. Don't think I'll have time to watch the entire replay.

Weah played really well
Ledezma played really well
Paxton ran around a lot and drew an important foul with France pressuring
Keita looked bad and got smoked multiple times
Konrad did absolutely nothing, as he has all tournament

Expert analysis

I thought Gloster and Richards did all right in the back, all things considered. They had a lot of guys running free through midfield that they dealt with pretty well.

How often is this event held? It’s not on a four year cycle is it? Is it annual?

Looks like it's gonna be the first youth title for somebody, doesn't look like any of the remaining eight (including Italy) have won the U-17 or U-20 b4

I get that it’s a game of fringe players playing in an experimental formation, but yeah that was terrible

That half was unwatchable

This half has also been pretty unwatchable.

I know he coached him in Columbus, but seriously with Wil Trapp. Can Gregg just let it go and move on with other options.

Jamaica with a wonder strike as I type that. 1-0 to the Boyz

Back