• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

We have to stop playing a wide formation if the wingers we use (Torres, Landy) can't beat their defender 1v1. Say what you will about Brek Shea (I know he's prob not ready), but he showed he was capable of beating defenders on his own out wide. Without those kinds of players, you're really only going to create chances out wide with FB overlaps.

While not popular apparently on these forums, I really like Brek Shea. I think he brings something to the team that is lacking. I got so tired of watching Torres and Donavon toss the ball to the opponent last night. I don't know if they just were exhausted from their 3rd game in 8 days, dis-interested in the game or uncomfortable with the formation, but they were extremely lax with passing last night.

I want to know what Torres seemed to be taking most of our FKs. Am I imagining that?

I've noticed that as well. I'm not sure I like Torres in the starting lineup much less taking the majority of the FKs.

Brek Shea's hold the ball for a second then kick it ahead of him and the defender worked for 2 games till everyone realized that's all he's got

More advanced role please. He's the closest thing to a true #10 that we have.

Ultra Palermo ‏@UltraPalermo:

Paolo Alberto Faccini the agent of American midfielder Michael Bradley has spoken to #Palermo media over transfer speculation of his client.

Faccini: "#Palermo showed certain interest in Bradley. I met with Perinetti for a long chat. They surely showed the most interest for him."
Faccini: "Officially I've received no other requests to meet for Bradley by other clubs & the only club to step up for him is #Palermo."
Faccini: "Bradley has manifested interest for the club bc #Palermo is ambitious & prestigious. It's absolutely a welcomed place to play."
Faccini: "#Palermo is the most interested team for Bradley... Before making it official, we need to await the signatures."

More advanced role please. He's the closest thing to a true #10 that we have.

My only complaint is that it seems like his creativity can disappear for games at a time. I think he was standard in the MF in both the Brazil game and Canada game. However, besides the perfect through ball in the Brazil game, he connected passes and distributed well, but wasn't beating defenders or creating real good movement forward. It was like he and Jones were the same person. The Scotland game he was more creative and played very well. But again, it was a 1 out of 3 thing, although that's better than having 0 for 3.

Bradley isn't a #10. He is more of a regista. He provides too much value with his defensive work to just move him up behind the striker.

What happened to that kid Herzeler at Bayern Munich? Did he end up with their U23s last season?

Back