• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Anything less than 6-0 and I'm probably going to be disappointed.

This man will ensure it isn't that bad. One of 3 PL players on the pitch

images

Canada off to a good start with a 1-0 win in Cuba. Interesting group with them, Panama and Honduras ... any 2 of 3 could come out of that

Game stopped between Australia and Qatar because it's too hot to run in Qatar in June. Yay World Cup 2022!

Game stopped between Australia and Qatar because it's too hot to run in Qatar in June. Yay World Cup 2022!

hmm, as best as I could tell, Qatar lost to S. Korea (which finished), Australia tied Oman (which finished), and Japan beat Jordan (also finished)
http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/wire-news/japansouth-korea-cruise-while-aussies-sweat_715603.html

one of the games was played in an air-conditioned stadium, but it sounds like the conditions at Australia/Oman were brutal

I just saw it on my Twitter feed, I guess they were misinformed and I was too lazy to check it out.

Still, Oman is close to Qatar. Good enough for me.

Apparently Torres is listed as the starting left back. Howard dolo goodson boca Torres edu Jones Bradley donovan dempsey Gomez.

Sounds like a no confidence vote for.Parkhurst and Gooch.

This game looks fucking miserable.

A shitty opponent, you're in Tampa, and it's pouring. Woof. The weather is a great equalizer too.

ESPN says Gomez on the left and Deuce as the 9? That can't be right.... is it?

Why is this in Tampa? Did the Gold Cup get a good crowd down there last year or something? Seems a strange decision

Our squad is getting old as shit so why not go to the cougar capital of the usa to motivate them

Why is this in Tampa? Did the Gold Cup get a good crowd down there last year or something? Seems a strange decision

I'm guessing its a combination of not wanting to burn out a good market on a team we should roll easily and a relatively shorter flight to Guatemala

Back