• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

fwiw, Megan Rapinoe was on the recent Men in Blazers podcast. I'm only halfway through right now and haven't gotten to her segment yet.

Just listened to it while I was over at my parent's place mowing their yard. Rapinoe was really good, and in general it was a solid Pod. Excluding my bois Townie and Tuffs I gotta credit Rog Bennett for turning me into the Toffee fan that I am. I seriously want a FOP patch.

Where does Caleb Patterson fit? And the American who just got picked up by Soton?

Where does Caleb Patterson fit? And the American who just got picked up by Soton?

Caleb is one to keep an eye on for sure. He's 25 and of all US keepers, he's probably starting for the 2nd best team. Problem is, he's never played for the US and is eligible for Australia which is where he grew up.

Cody Cropper is 19. I think that move to Southampton went through, though he's likely playing reserves or U-whatever matches this season.

I think Tally Hall might start getting call ups soon. I think he's already better than Rimando.

Cropper could be solid in the future. I do believe that Patterson-Sewell is a yanks-abroad hype job though.

What makes you say that? A 25 year old starting in the Portuguese Liga is pretty solid. I haven't seen him play, but that's a pretty good place to be at his age.

More a hunch than anything else. I also don't think much of that league outside of the top teams. I'm just saying that right now Sciaretta has a vested interest in pumping him up.

Andrew Wooten on a year long loan to 2. Bundesliga side Sandhausen. Good place for him to get a bunch of playing time at a higher level.

Gatt returned from injury to and played 82 minutes for Molde in their Europa league match. Boyd played 10 minutes coming off the bench. Dolo played 90 and picked up an assist. Jozy went 90 in a 1-0 loss

Holden, 27, currently in the USA recuperating from knee surgery, has played just one game in the last 17 months.
But boss Coyle wanted to remind Wanderers’ player of the year in 2010-11 that he is still valued at the club.

He said: “I’ve sent him over our home and away tops — and his training kit. I hope that will act as a little boost for Stuart.

“And, hopefully, sooner rather than later, he’s going to be using it. We think the world of him.

“I spoke to him the other night. But the last thing I’m going to do is put him under duress, in terms of when he’ll be back in action.

“I just wanted to find out where he’s at. He’s doing well. He had a clean-out op three weeks ago, and he’s feeling better for that.

“We have to give him as much time as he needs. He sounded in a great place, that’s the type of character he is. His first concern was to ask after everybody else.”

@stuholden: I don't know what people are so worked up about.. I'm feeling better than I have in 17 months and got more hunger than desire than ever..

Charlie Davies had even more bravado in his tweets about his recovery. How's he doing these days?

I'd love for Stu to prove me wrong, but to think he will return to what he once was after a couple knee surgeries and nearly a year and a half out is just not realistic at all.

Charlie Davies is also an idiot. Wasn't he the one that switched seats with a teammate going over 100+? Oh and the whole getting in the car with a drunk driver thing.

But yes, I understand what you're saying.

Agreed about Stu, dv7. Long road. However, it's silly to compare his situation to that of Davies. Knee injury(ies) vs near death car accident.

Agreed about Stu, dv7. Long road. However, it's silly to compare his situation to that of Davies. Knee injury(ies) vs near death car accident.

I think you could argue that two knee injuries are worse for footy players than what Davies suffered.

I'm not comparing how they suffered their injuries at all. I'm comparing the fact that the injuries have held them out for so long and that will make it next to impossible for them to once again reach the levels they were at before the injuries.

Just like Owen Hargreaves.

Back