• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

I caught the 2nd half. Apparently France's first two goals were a back heel goalazo followed by a "laid egg" howler. Went to the break 2-0. We made it 2-1 mid was through the 2nd half with a free kick that split the wall and sneaked it. Obviously we were pressing for the draw and France went up 3-1. Ref missed a PK when a french player slid to block a cross and it hit his elbow while his arm was steaight up. In the final seconds of stoppage time they chipped the keep to run up the score.

4-1 is harsh, 2-0 is fair on how the game was played.

I think it's safe to assume this starting XI now

---------------Altidore----------------
Gomez-------Dempsey----------Zusi
--------Kljestan----Jones-------------
Beasley--?????--Gonzalez--Cameron
---------------Howard-----------------

Common sense says Besler in the ????? spot but all media at the open training reported that Goodson was training there with the other 3 listed. I'd rather have Besler than Goodson, but it looks as of Goodson is set to start.

@BrianSciaretta: Breaking news.. AZ forward Aron Johannsson is NOT in Iceland's squad for the June 7th WCQ against Slovenia

@BrianSciaretta: Johannsson's agent has issued a statement that he wants to train with the #usmnt first before making a final decision on national teams

Translation: he wants to see if he would stand a shot of making the World Cup team before he makes a decision.

I bet if it's not a total lock in his mind, he sticks with Iceland.

Germany just scored after 9, that's NINE, seconds against Ecuador. (Podolski)

Translation: he wants to see if he would stand a shot of making the World Cup team before he makes a decision.

I bet if it's not a total lock in his mind, he sticks with Iceland.

Hey, Iceland's second in their group and the beatable Swiss are the top team ... maybe he'll make the World Cup with them!

And Germany scored two goals within four minutes. Looks like I'll be watching with my hands over my eyes at RFK on Sunday

@GrantWahl: Jurgen Klinsmann tells me Clint Dempsey is the US captain moving forward, with Tim Howard as his No. 2.

Hey, Iceland's second in their group and the beatable Swiss are the top team ... maybe he'll make the World Cup with them!

And Germany scored two goals within four minutes. Looks like I'll be watching with my hands over my eyes at RFK on Sunday

PM me your contact information and I'll hook you up with our tailgate plans. And idk if you're going with anyone or not but if you're alone I have an extra in the 5th row of the supporters section. Let me know.

3-0 Belgium

But it seems like every time we think the US will get waxed under Jurgen they find a way to draw. 1-1 wouldn't shock me

@GrantWahl: Belgium: Mignolet, Alderweireld, Kompany, Vermaelen, Vertonghen, Fellaini, Defour, Dembele, Mirallas, De Bruyne, Lukaku

Holy crap. Belgium is stacked.

@BrianSciaretta: #USMNT starting lineup tonight: Howard; Cameron, Gonzalez, Goodson, Beasley; Zusi, Jones, Kljestan, Davis; Dempsey ©, Altidore

We don't have a better option than Davis??

And Goodson over Besler. I guess Besler was too good vs Mexico. Can't have that.

Back