• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

To celebrate the launch of the official World Cup ball, makers Adidas will give every baby born in Brazil on Tuesday a free one of their own.

So fucking stupid.

Shit, that's at least 2 more Neymars to deal with in 20 years.

What the Groups would be if FIFA used the December rankings to create the groups like a bracket:

Group A: (1) Brazil, (16) Croatia, (17) Ivory Coast, (32) Australia
Group B: (8) Italy, (9) Switzerland, (24) Algeria, (25) Costa Rica
Group C: (5) Colombia, (12) Greece, (21) Russia, (28) Iran
Group D: (4) Argentina, (13) England, (19) Mexico, (29) Japan
Group E: (3) Germany, (14) USA, (20) Bosnia, (30) Cameroon
Group F: (6) Portugal, (11) Belgium, (22) Ecuador, (26) Nigeria
Group G: (7) Uruguay, (10) Netherlands, (23) Ghana, (27) Honduras
Group H: (2) Spain, (15) Chile, (18) France, (31) Korea

Simulator staying very true to form in today's draw:

Group A (go figure)

Brazil
USA
Algeria
Bosnia

Even though we have Brazil, you have to take that and run...

Looking at Spain in the second round, however.

Group B:

Spain
Japan
Nigeria
Netherlands

I was on the Guardian's site and in addition to the draw, they allow you to sim it out to determine a winner.

http://www.theguardian.com/football...up-draw-2014-create-your-own-draw-interactive

Drew Brazil/US/Algeria/Italy - decided to run the sim, and it showed Algeria winning the group with Brazil coming in last. Italy beat Chile in the finals.

I did 2 simulations with that 1 and got Iran going through both times, once to the quarters. Something's broken on their simulator. Although on 1, we drew Switzerland, Cote d'Ivoire and Greece. I could live with that.

I did 2 simulations with that 1 and got Iran going through both times, once to the quarters. Something's broken on their simulator. Although on 1, we drew Switzerland, Cote d'Ivoire and Greece. I could live with that.

It's not broken, they just apply random numbers to random teams and pick a winner like that. It doesn't take into account how good each team is, it just randomly picks a winner

NVM saw you're using a different one than I am. Must be broken as you said.

It says that they base them off of FIFA rankings (that would imply broken ;)) and add an upset percentage.

Jeez between the draw and the WF coaching search I'm getting little to nada done this week...

Little change of pace today, not drawing Brazil. Lucky us!

Group B

Argentina
USA
Ghana
Italy

A press conference will be held in Costa do Sauipe, Bahia (Brazil) on 3 December at 12.30 local time (16.30 CET), following the meeting of the Organising Committee for the FIFA World Cup™.

At this meeting, the allocation of pots for the FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Final Draw, as well as the prize money for the tournament, will be determined.

The press conference will be attended by FIFA President Blatter, Jose Maria Marin, the LOC chairman, Aldo Rebelo, Minister of Sport, Jérôme Valcke, FIFA Secretary General and Ronaldo, Member of the LOC Board of Administration.

The press conference will be streamed live as of 12.30 local time (16.30 CET) on FIFA.com and FIFA on YouTube.

10:30am ET

France won't automatically be the Euro team in the S.America/Africa group, they're gonna do a draw of all the European teams to figure that out

France won't automatically be the Euro team in the S.America/Africa group, they're gonna do a draw of all the European teams to figure that out

So we could end up with something like Argentina, US, Italy, Nederlands.

Pots have been drawn ...

Pot 1

Brazil, Spain, Germany, Argentina, Colombia, Belgium, Uruguay, Switzerland
Pot 2

Ivory Coast, Ghana, Algeria, Nigeria, Cameroon, Chile, Ecuador
Pot 3

Japan, Iran, South Korea, Australia, United States, Mexico, Costa Rica, Honduras
Pot 4

Bosnia, Croatia, England, Greece, Italy, Holland, Portugal, Russia, France

I was on the Guardian's site and in addition to the draw, they allow you to sim it out to determine a winner.

http://www.theguardian.com/football...up-draw-2014-create-your-own-draw-interactive

Drew Brazil/US/Algeria/Italy - decided to run the sim, and it showed Algeria winning the group with Brazil coming in last. Italy beat Chile in the finals.

I drew:

Belgium
USA
Russia
Algeria

Belgium and USA advance

USA defeats Germany in Round of 16

USA defeats Uruguay in Quarters

USA defeats Italy in Semis

Argentina defeats USA in Finals

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Back