• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

DeMarcus Fucking Beasley on the Gold Cup provisional roster.
No Gedion, no Green, no Cameron.

Gotta throw our Germans a bone in the Motherland

I'll bet the avg German could give a shit about Tim Chandler. He's the current "Gooch", no clue what he's doing. He's the one player I disagree with Klinsmann about. The rest of his experiments make sense to me as far as building for the future and looking for players. We've already seen the best Chandler has, and it's awful. The only explanation for me is that players like Cameron, Garza are injured, and thus there are few options for LB and RB. Jurgen obviously wants Yedlin to grow into a winger.

Fox totally should have teased that a few hours ago as a USMNT legend coming out of retirement and broke the internet

35 Man Gold Cup Provisional Roster

Goalkeepers: Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Bill Hamid (D.C. United), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake), William Yarbrough (Club León)

Defenders: Ventura Alvarado (Club América), DaMarcus Beasley (Houston Dynamo), Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City), John Brooks (Hertha Berlin), Timmy Chandler (Eintracht Frankfurt), Brad Evans (Seattle Sounders), Greg Garza (Club Tijuana), Omar Gonzalez (LA Galaxy), Michael Orozco (Pubela), Tim Ream (Bolton Wanderers), Brek Shea (Orlando City), DeAndre Yedlin (Tottenham Hotspur)

Midfielders: Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Alejandro Bedoya (Nantes), Michael Bradley (Toronto FC), Joe Corona (Club Tijuana), Brad Davis (Houston Dynamo), Mix Diskerud (New York City FC), Fabian Johnson (Borussia Mönchengladbach), Perry Kitchen (D.C. United), Alfredo Morales (Ingolstadt), Lee Nguyen (New England Revolution), Gyasi Zardes (LA Galaxy), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City)

Forwards: Juan Agudelo (New England Revolution), Jozy Altidore (Toronto FC), Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders), Alan Gordon (LA Galaxy), Aron Jóhannsson (AZ), Jordan Morris (Stanford University), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes)

Also no Danny Williams. Starting today though. I have no idea what Klinsman is doing.

Also how am I going to watch the GC in Cambodia?

I'll be looking to yall for some streaming tips. I think the time difference is 12 hour difference from CST.

Also no Danny Williams. Starting today though. I have no idea what Klinsman is doing.

They mentioned that Cameron wasn't released bc of club obiligations. I could see Williams being in the same situation. Especially with the Championship (and Reading) starting at the beginning of August.

Why no Julian Green after everything that happened with the World Cup last year?

Chandler caught out there. Great ball from Hermann though. Lucky to not be down 1-0.

Not sure WTF this midfield with Zardes and Mix is suppose to be doing. Neither seems like a natural on the edge the diamond.

Last edited:
Any streaming option for this?

Back