• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Revenge

rjequalsmj

Reaction score
Starting a thread for this show cause it is AWESOME! If you don't watch it you should, and all the critics dig it.

This weeks ep was a bit of a letdown but they have to set some stuff up and Emily can't get revenge on a different person every week or else they'd run out of eps pretty quickly.

A few thoughts:
-Tyler sucks that guy is some weird/maybe gay/maybe broke/con man, he keeps trying to f things up for Daniel and then is a kiss ass to the parents. He is so freaking slimy it's disgusting. It was tight when Emily called him on his stupid story, and man is that party planner girl dumb
-At first I hated Nolan but he I actually kind of dig him now.
-Frank is a scary freaking dude, he makes me nervous
-It's cool that Emily is the hero but is also dark, I like how they allow her to justify things to herself but as the audience you realize she is walking a very thin line.
-lastly I hate declan (the gay kid on gossip girl) he is even worse in this show than he was in that.

Also, next week's teaser looked awesome, these hampton jokers better watch out cause emily thorne is gonna get

REVENGE!!!!!!!!

Yeah I didn't like Nolan but now I like him. Hes a bit meddlesome but overall I think hes helpful. Show is beast, btw. Can't wait for next week.

RJ=MJ do you mind giving me a quick rundown of the plot?

Now that I have cable again and I'm trying to limit my weekday drinking I need shows to get into.

Emily Thorne is a 20-something hottie, who just moved to the Hampton's, but she has a dark secret. Her real name is Amanda Clarke and when she was a child her father (no mother) was framed by the Graysons (super rich, hamptons power fam) for terrorism. He was arrested and put in jail, while Amanda aka Emily was placed in a juvenile detention center. Amanda upon her release at age 18 finds out her father is dead, but she has inherited millions of dollars due to a company he invested in. So fast forward 5-6 years she changed her name to Emily Thorne buys her old house back, the one next door to the Graysons, and has one thing on her mind

REVENGE!!!!!!

It's filmed in Wilmington apparently. Also, I couldnt figure out where I remembered the actor that plays Nolan from, so I finally looked it up and he's one of Freddie Prinze's boys that doesn't play ball in Summer Catch.

Starting a thread for this show cause it is AWESOME! If you don't watch it you should, and all the critics dig it.

This weeks ep was a bit of a letdown but they have to set some stuff up and Emily can't get revenge on a different person every week or else they'd run out of eps pretty quickly.

A few thoughts:
-Tyler sucks that guy is some weird/maybe gay/maybe broke/con man, he keeps trying to f things up for Daniel and then is a kiss ass to the parents. He is so freaking slimy it's disgusting. It was tight when Emily called him on his stupid story, and man is that party planner girl dumb
-At first I hated Nolan but he I actually kind of dig him now.
-Frank is a scary freaking dude, he makes me nervous
-It's cool that Emily is the hero but is also dark, I like how they allow her to justify things to herself but as the audience you realize she is walking a very thin line.
-lastly I hate declan (the gay kid on gossip girl) he is even worse in this show than he was in that.

Also, next week's teaser looked awesome, these hampton jokers better watch out cause emily thorne is gonna get

REVENGE!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I can't figure out Tyler's angle. Guy is obviously a douche, but to what end? I was thinking the gay thing (esp when it looked like he was trying to make out with Daniel), but who knows. Shady for sure.

And agree about not liking Nolan early on but him growing on me.

It'll be interesting how the season plays out given what happened in the very first scene of the season. Cause at this point there's no real reason not to like Daniel (other than he's the son of the Graysons), so I am looking forward to seeing how the pieces come together on that.

Does she sabotage the Graysons' acrobat equipment so it breaks while they're performing on the high wire?

I love this show. I have a girl crush on Emily Van Camp (emliy thorne) and the plot is actually really entertaining. The bf and I have been watching together.... good times.

Definitely in on this show. Love the count of monte cristo in the modern era - definitely my favorite new show.

I also have a completely irrational hatred towards Declan, I am not sure if it is his jerkoff face or his jerkoff hair - but something about him makes me hate him.

don't forget the jerk offish way that he talks too

for me it's the way he talks... sounds way too forced (i've seen him in other shows w/ no accent), and the hair is pretty toolish.

i believe i read somewhere that blucas was slated to play her deceased father but opted to go with that sports show on USA, "necessary roughness." he may have even shot the pilot...

Last edited:
The wife watches this and the plot is decent. However, the main girl Emily has got to be the most smoking hot girl on TV right now, especially when they get her all dolled up in her party dresses or when she is prancing around in her robe. I've concluded that it is definitely worth watching just for her.

i believe i read somewhere that blucas was slated to play her deceased father but opted to go with that sports show on USA, "necessary roughness." he may have even shot the pilot...

that sucks Blucas is probably boys with the guy that plays Nolan from their time on summer catch.

Just watched this week's episode. I hate Tyler, a LOT. Declan is a turd. Nolan is cool, Frank is scary, Emily is hot, Daniel can't catch a break.

That's all.

I KNEW Lydia was still alive after last week; her coming out of the coma is going to be a big deal at some point.

Back