• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Richard Burr and Kay Hagen

WFDeacon

Reaction score
I'm watching the Brennan confirmation hearing on CNN. Seeing Senator Burr's black and gold Wake Forest tie, I remembered both he and Senator Hagen are Deacons. I wonder where they stand on the Bzdelick and Wellman issue. I'm sure they are extremely busy but they probably still make time for Deacon Sports.

Hagen's husband graduated from UNC undergrad and I have seen them both at unc football games (they both went to wake law)

Sen Burr did an awesome job hooking my wife up with a passport in record time. Props to him.

reminds me of this for some reason:

Kay Hagan went to FSU for undergrad. I met her a few years ago at a political gala that could only be described as extremely liberal. Nice lady. She's going to have a big fight to get elected in 2016 with out a general election and a popular Democratic candidate to pull in votes. The only sign I've ever put in my yard was an elect Kay Hagan sign.

Kay Hagan went to FSU for undergrad. I met her a few years ago at a political gala that could only be described as extremely liberal. Nice lady. She's going to have a big fight to get elected in 2016 with out a general election and a popular Democratic candidate to pull in votes. The only sign I've ever put in my yard was an elect Kay Hagan sign.

You mean 2014. That comment threw me for a loop for a second.

Kay Hagan is thankfully going to be a one-term Senator. She has zero profile in NC and never gets on the news. Her undying support of Obamacare did not sit well with the large pharma/biotech presence in the state. Not sure who was less popular - she or the former governor.

Hopefully we can find a true Demon Deacon to run for the office.

Kay Hagan is thankfully going to be a one-term Senator. She has zero profile in NC and never gets on the news. Her undying support of Obamacare did not sit well with the large pharma/biotech presence in the state. Not sure who was less popular - she or the former governor.

Take it to the politics thread. Hopefully, I won't have to read your BS here anymore.

Hopefully we can also find a true conservative to run in 2014. While she professes conservative values, Kay Hagan has been nothing but a puppet for Dingy Harry Reid. We need more in the US Senate like true Deacon Richard Burr. He is good people.

So because someone doesn't agree with your political views, they aren't a "true Deacon." Wow.

Sen Burr did an awesome job hooking my wife up with a passport in record time. Props to him.

I skimmed this and thought it said ,Sen Burr did an awesome job hooking up with my wife with in record time. Props to him.
And I thought, "now there is a guy who is loyal to his political party."

We lived across the street from their DC house for two years, and although they were quite friendly, neither of them seemed to have any real interest in Wake (the school or the sports program) when I brought it up.

Hopefully we can also find a true conservative to run in 2014. While she professes conservative values, Kay Hagan has been nothing but a puppet for Dingy Harry Reid. We need more in the US Senate like true Deacon Richard Burr. He is good people.

God shut the fuck up. Wrong board.

I have the utmost respect for Kay Hagan. It can't be easy to live in a place like Greensboro, but it gives her access to the real common people of NC. People who are bored as hell and have nothing to live for.

We lived across the street from their DC house for two years, and although they were quite friendly, neither of them seemed to have any real interest in Wake (the school or the sports program) when I brought it up.

maybe true, but I know for certain that Burr hooks up Wake students and alums. I know a former driver of his was a Deac, and i'm pretty sure 1 or 2 members of his staff are as well.

Back