• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rick Perry: Moron

Billy Mitchell

The King of Kong
Reaction score
I used to think he just wasn't quick on his feet after the 2012 debate performance, but now I'm pretty sure he's just a moron.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2014/06/12/rick-perry-compares-homosexuality-to-alcoholism/

At a speech in San Francisco, the longtime Republican governor - who ran for the White House in 2012 and is considering another bid in 2016 - was asked whether he thought homosexuality was a disorder.

"I may have the genetic coding that I’m inclined to be an alcoholic, but I have the desire not to do that - and I look at the homosexual issue the same way," Perry said.

Perry's comments also came just days after Texas Republicans, meeting at their state convention, approved language in their party platform that includes support for voluntary psychological "therapy" targeted at converting homosexuals to heterosexuals.

Why does a party platform need to include support for any type of therapy?

I'm sure that stuff still tracks with the Republican base, but it's not going to fly in a general election anymore. I assume that's no longer the end goal for him.

California passed a law prohibiting gay conversion therapy a few years ago. Perry was in the Bay Area to pitch Texas for a Tesla battery facility. Can't imagine Perry's comments and the TX GOP position resonate with Tesla management, employees, and customers. Ooops!

If Perry really does view homosexuality as an alcoholism-like disease :rulz:, then it's pretty progressive of him to support government funded therapy for it.

Are you honestly trying to equate the two?

This is the slippery slope that Obamacare has us tumbling down. Where do you draw the line on what is a personal choice and what should be government sponsored? Do I personally equate two dudes assblasting with a legit illness - no, but plenty of people do, and these were some of anticipated problems. If the government can force me to get health insurance, why can't the government force me to exorcise my gayness? Gotta take the bad with the (perceived) good, so thanks Obama.

This is the slippery slope that Obamacare has us tumbling down. Where do you draw the line on what is a personal choice and what should be government sponsored? Do I personally equate two dudes assblasting with a legit illness - no, but plenty of people do, and these were some of anticipated problems. If the government can force me to get health insurance, why can't the government force me to exorcise my gayness? Gotta take the bad with the (perceived) good, so thanks Obama.

mother-of-god-o.gif

70f4809e_tumblr_m6ttf3SnTI1qhn6cs.jpeg

nope, just nope

Fascinating.

Tell us more about slippery slopes. Start with the supply-side one....

Christie was in SF yesterday campaigning with Neel Kashkari, California's GOP nominee for Governor. Both denounced Perry's remark and gay conversion therapy. Christie signed legislation banning it in NJ into law last year. Rob Portman's participating in Romneypalozza in Park City this weekend. Would be surprised if Scott Walker goes hardcore against marriage equality. Probably doesn't refuse to defend the WI marriage equality court decision, but not out of the question.

Fully expect Huchabee, Perry, Santorum, Cruz, and Pence to be strongly anti-gay through 2016, but being moderate on gay issues is no longer forbidden for 'Pubs with 2016 aspirations. Frankly that's the astute play for anyone who wants to remain politically viable nationally post-2016.

Back