• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rick Ross article in GQ

Tupac back.
3364334977_744e7a7637.jpg

Digging the George Washington and Abe Lincoln

It's cute to me after 30+ years of rap people still think of rappers as real people telling real stories instead of entertainers trying to get paid. I bet DeaconOEF probably thinks Tom Hanks is an astronaut, cross-dresser, WWII soldier, and toy cowboy doll too.

Rappers like Tupac, DMX, and 50 Cent came up from completely different backgrounds than Rick Ross. If I can rap just as good as Rick Ross and you want to start buying my cd's than go ahead and be my guest. Same concept. Do you keep up with hip hop?

if rick ross dies i may have to make an all ross tribute p-list for tomorrow.

Update says:
The plane made an emergency landing right away -- and we're told, as Rick was being wheeled off the aircraft, he appeared to show signs of life.

Could mean anything though.

need a lot anyway. maybe ill be rick ross for halloween and black body. and go topless.

From the Washington Post:

"D.C. rapper Wale — who records for Maybach Music — just tweeted the following: I just talked to Ross...he’s 100 pct ok...@tmz #dontpanic #dontpanic #mmg !!!! #gfid dec 13th!"

But where Rick Ross really separates himself is that he inhabits the cliché completely while also seeming to know it's a cliché. You can like him if you think you're hard, and you can like him if you think being hard is ridiculous. Because Rick Ross is always both inside and outside a joke he's making about hip-hop music. I mean, look at him in the Lil Wayne "John" video. The man is sitting in a wheelchair that has big silver spinner rims on it. But at the same time he looks so freakin' boss in that burgundy velour suit.

This is my favorite paragraph from the article, mostly because it's so true.

He boarded his plane after the seizure to head to his concert in Memphis. His plane had to make another emergency landing because he just had another seizure.

He needs to slow down and listen to his doctors.

ETA - But apparently he's going to Greensboro tonight to play NC A&T's homecoming.....

Last edited:
Ross is one of my favorite rappers. He need to chill for a few weeks and get his health in order

There's a pretty good interview with Leonardo DiCaprio and Clint Eastwood in that issue too.

Back