• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

RIDE THE HARLEY DOWN THE HILL!!! GO DEACS!

Probably shouldn't expect a big play from our special teams.

At least our kicker can kick really good insides kicks. Well done. I think the announcers said Weaver is trying to kick the ball too hard. Never heard that before. But his ball is moving once up in the air, it appears swerving a bit.

Deac O line is lightyears better than last year.

Meh, that's progress. Clemson's backups are still four stars. We played well. Not the staff's best day, but our defense was excellent (save for the first couple of drives) and Hinton played well. They converted a fake punt, we got screwed on a FG and IMO on a bad holding call that cost us first and goal, I believe. We're good. Clemson's really, really good (but not Bama good, but we shall see).

Yeah, I didn't mean it to sound that negative. I just tire of the "throw the ball!!!" complaining when Hinton has missed 7 consecutive throws including two 3 and outs, all throws. Hinton was rusty, I think he made a lot of the delayed handoffs worse than they should have been because he wasn't reading the defense and committing, far too often he was slow to decide and didn't give our running backs any time to even make a move before they were in the grasp. Wolford's done a better job of that this year. There were a couple big plays as well with inside blitzes that Hinton just completely misread and handed it off into the teeth of their defense instead of keeping it and bouncing outside.

Clemson came out sharp and we were playing a backup QB. Throw in a botched field goal early, a couple sketchy big calls, and a variety of mistakes on offense from drops to bad decision making... There was no formula out there that beats Clemson on the road with a backup QB unless they just shit the bed, which they didn't.

As soon as an OC in the country figures out which teams beat Clemson, I'm sure we'll take notes.

Great effort all around. Rest up, and lets beat that Yellow Jacket ass in 2 weeks.

I think the team overall is better; I just wish the offensive philosophy and play calling reflected this improvement.

Far better, but playing the #2 ranked team (#7 ranked defense) in the country in a deafening stadium with your back up QB...the play book was probably cut in half and for good reason.

Looked at Clemson's remaining schedule. Appears they will be undefeated and will play for the national championship.
Wish them luck.

Far better, but playing the #2 ranked team (#7 ranked defense) in the country in a deafening stadium with your back up QB...the play book was probably cut in half and for good reason.

I thought the play calling was too conservative against App and FSU as well. This criticism isn't limited to today.

Reactions: ONW
Besides all the drops, our WRs are terrible at getting separation.

Shane Battier nut-hangers say hello.

Clemson backup defenders leave Cam wide open on 4th and goal. Love it, but none of this matters. It's not better play calling, it's not better execution, it's just our A team against their C team and we can actually win those matchups.

This is how it works:

Play doesn't work = terrible conservative play-calling
Play does work = great aggressive play-calling

Back