• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Right Wing Terrorists in the Military

I think the founding fathers had no way of possibly knowing the extent that a political party would go to inhibit the system from flowing as intended.

They knew it was important to make sure no one person would ever be king/queen again, but I guess they didn't get around to "what if 30-40% of the population is in a cult and wants the leader to be a dictator?".
2/3 of the first three presidents were basically cult leaders their followers would burn it all down if they asked. The founders were just dip shits.

Now I'm curious, I'm assuming Washington is the one we're leaving out?

Now I'm curious, I'm assuming Washington is the one we're leaving out?
I assumed Adams.

The founders were young politicians who are revered by people who claim to hate politicians.

Washington was the one that stepped down but could have chosen to keep going. Doesn't sound cultish, but then this is where the pit points out there was some scandal that kept him from running.

Adams and Jefferson hated each other once the parties formed and supposedly when Adams died, his last words were something about Jefferson still being alive. That sounds cultish.

But Washington was very popular and could have been king. That's why stepping down was such a big deal and set the tone going forward.

I assumed Adams.

The founders were young politicians who are revered by people who claim to hate politicians.
But those were THEIR type of politicians. The kind that "compromised" their values by making a deal for people to own other humans.

I assumed Adams.

I assumed Adams as well. The Washington cult of personality was spun up real quick and he was a mythological symbol of the Federalists while he was still alive.

Back