• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

RIP Antonio ("AJ") Jackson

MagicDeac

Reaction score
I got a couple of texts about this earlier and then saw the below on Braswell's FB page today. RIP, AJ.

Hello FB Friends, I wanted to inform WFU alums that we lost a great Human being, Husband, Father, and friend, former Wake Student and Athlete this past week. Antonio Jackson aka AJ, passed away this week of a long fight with Cancer. AJ was well accomplished in life after college. He left behind a wife and 2 beautiful daughters ages 5 and 3. Coach Russell Turner will be sending me an email soon. They are having a memorial for AJ this Friday but most importantly, there will be a link that will connect to website to donate funds for is baby girls.

AJ was a high spirited, smart, funny, and a fun young man who has been taken away from us too soon. RIP my brother...

Cancer. Way too young.

My prayers go out to his family. Just like Pic's daughters, shame AJ's daughters had to lose their father so young.

Wow. Prayers are out to his family. I had very limited contact with him, but the times I met him he was a great guy.

that's awful. I never understood why he left WF right when he seemed t be in a good position to get more pt, but I'm sure a lot more went into that decision than I'll ever know.

1st player and 2nd overall team member (Sarge) from the '95 and '96 championship teams to pass away, I believe.

I remember reading way way back that Tim Duncan had more trouble guarding Antonio Jackson in practice then anybody he played in the ACC. That might have just been Odom speak but still a nice quote about AJ.

Actually that was from an interview with Timmy in which he listed the toughest players to guard.

Back